👩 ⚽ Women's Football

Where were you lads England 6 - 0 Scotchland.

1 Like

I was watching it @lifeintheslowlane so had no time to post on here :lou_lol:

Not a bad match at all better than the France Iceland game anyway.

Some well taken goals…deserves a replay…

That 4th goal is excellent. First is pretty good as is the 5th. Where is the 6th?

I think the person recording off the TV went to make a cup of tea. The 6th wasn’t bad either, a flicked header into the top corner.

Watching Gardeners world

As I may or may not have mentioned I play in a pool league on Wednesday nights, the fitbah was on the box and we were watching it.

Whilst England were thrashing the Jocks we were thrashing our opposition 9-1!

From what I saw of it it was a good game with some well taken goals.

1 Like
1 Like

I watched some of it last night. Women’s football is improving. Whilst it will never be the same as men’s football (just as women’s tennis will never be the same as men’s) it doesnt mean that it isnt worthwhile. Sport is sport. It also makes a change to see an England team doing what it is supposed to do with inferior opposition and taking them to the cleaners (opps, just realised that could be construed as sexist :lou_sunglasses:).

2 Likes

This is tough, not sure how England are still winning. 20 minutes in this 2nd half without the ball!

England 1-0 Spain

England 2-0 Spain

hows your luck? Ha ha

Its nice to see players patriotic and loving their nation, the mens side is the only side in the World where they aren’t arsed about their own Country.

Fair play ladies.

1 Like

I was talking about this today, along with the fact that your average working class bod, is so detached from the modern game. Players being sold for over £50 million. I myself find it hard to relate to the game anymore. It is just a different world. Perhaps this is why I enjoy watching the women’s game. It made me so happy to see the utter joy in the cricket earlier and the football this evening, which you do not really see in the men’s game. It was the same for the GB hockey team, utter joy to represent and to win gold.

In football I just do not see the same passion and cannot connect with it anymore. Sad but true.

NB - England winning the ashes 2005 was pretty passionate!

1 Like

They don’t care anymore about their national team, they can protest and whine they do but they don’t and there isn’t another nation on the planet that feels like that, Spain used to but now getting behind it, we’re pathetic when it comes to being patriotic, almost ashamed and as I say the only nation to be like that, watching the Olympics and such is great.

1 Like

And yet we are all happy when our women’s football and cricket teams do well?

2 Likes

England V Portugal just about to start

England have made 10 changes from the team that beat Spain

England 1-up after 6 mins a gift of a goal from the Portugese keeper.

Well it finished 2-1 so will play france in the quarter finals.

Not even moved into 2nd gear, and also not playing well at all. Cannot seem to keep the ball. Need to click into gear or we will be dumped out on Sunday against a very good France side, that we have a terrible record against! It’s going to be tough, but should be good.

First 15 minutes pretty even…England’s back 4 look to be coping well with any French attacks. Our women look to have an an advantage physically…bigger, stronger…let’s hope it counts.