šŸ‘© āš½ Women's Football

Englandā€™s women in action soon. Looking forward to this

1 Like

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40452609

Englandā€™s women in action soon. Looking forward to this

Good win!

Just 4 days until the Euro 17 kicks off. Here are the schedules.

Really looking forward to this and it could be a great few weeks for the England women in Cricket and Football. Hereā€™s hoping!!

http://www.uefa.com/womenseuro/season=2017/finals/

Womenā€™s Football!

Lol at the ā€œPC gone madā€ comment. You can file that in with ā€˜Ponyā€™.

4 Likes

They have a Euros?

Yep - Germany have won the last 6 apparently.

Sounds great

My lads play both football and rugby. The youngest one is, in particular, keen of footy. He goes to a local club, playing on Saturdays and occasionally week day evenings. I am always surprised at how few girls turn up. There are none at all in my youngest sonā€™s age group and only one or two across all other age groups. Conversely, there are several girls playing in all age groups at their rugby club.

I am heavily involved in getting girls involved in football, cricket and other sports up here in Cumbria, with the schools and local sports clubs. I am happy to say that there are a very good number of girls that turn up for football and cricket. My boy is in little kickers and out of the 20 that take part in his age group 6 are girls. This trend of around quarter filters right through the age groups, up until they are split.

My boy also does Ballet as well as football and loves them both.

Now the other way round is a more challenging job and trying to get boys to join a netball team or to do ballet. What I am starting to notice is that if you get the children involved earlier, before their friends try and tell them ā€œYou canā€™t do that, thatā€™s for girlsā€ then it becomes the norm.

They have a very good male netball team up here and they are pretty handy. But trying to get boys to start ballet is very hard work, but once they do, they tend to enjoy it.

Sponsor Southampton girl and England keeper Hannah Haughton (and advertise here by putting sotonians.com in your message;) ) :

I think a lot of it depends on getting the boys to kinda ā€˜seeā€™ the masculine side of things like ballet as well - which largely depends on the teacher.

If a boy is dressed up in a leotard just tapping his feet and just doing things that *look* effeminate, its going to be off-putting.

However, show him the likes of Carlos Acosta looking like the absolute Alpha Hench Beastmode monster of a man that he is doing all kinds of athletic gymnastics and youā€™ve got someone to look up to and a bit more of a ā€˜masculineā€™ role to fit into.

When I had the chance to do ballet as a kid I sort of saw the appeal of doing the gymnastics side of it, but one of my friends who did it just seemed as if he was made to look like a girl by the doolally teacher. They didnā€™t really do an awful lot to challenge the gender stereotypes there.

INGERLAAAND!!! 2 - 0 after 27 minutes. :lou_lol:

3 - 0 31 minutes. :lou_lol:

HT: 3 - 0

4 - 0 Taylor Hatrick

GET INā€¦Five fuckinā€™ nil to our skilled footballing women. :lou_lol: