šŸ :windies: Windies v England (and Wales) :engerland: 2019

Joseph with another short wide one and Root just manges to drop it in front of backward square (??), if heā€™d been a foot closer to the stumps Root would have been out first ball.

Leave the wide ones alone FFS!!

Itā€™s a very green pitch with variable bounce and pace.

So, a 2 spinner pitch then

1 Like

Love the Cricinfo commentary

That, incidentally, was Josephā€™s maiden Test delivery on his home ground in Antigua! It was a Barbados love-in last week ā€¦ an Antigua rampage today?

9.1 W
Joseph to Denly, OUT , short, wide, a toe-ended long-hop to the keeper! Oh my goodness, that is a limp, miserable way to go. A horrid loosener, luring a flat-footed flap, and scuffed through to the keeper! The end of a thoroughly non-descript first Test innings. But at least thereā€™s room for improvement when his second chance comes about

JL Denly c ā€ Dowrich b Joseph 6 (23b 0x4 0x6) SR: 26.08

Good pitch this. Match can be over in 2 days before we set off for the Arctic north.

1 Like

Root gone, 34/3

Unplayable delivery that gets extra bounc, spoons off of his gloves, 2nd slip canā€™t quite get a a hand on it but parries it up for Hope to pouch

Joseph to Root, OUT , jeepers! Brutal bounce, hits the top of the bat handle - and Hope catches the rebound after Campbell gets a hand on it! Un-play-able, Root snatching his hand away as if touching a hot pan; the ball looped up, up, up and seemingly away from the grasp of the back-pedaling Campbell, but he managed to tip up and Hope circled round from gully to complete a top bit of fielding!

JE Root c Hope b Joseph 7 (17b 1x4 0x6) SR: 41.17

Wasnā€™t there a pitch a few years ago where they had to abandon the test because it was dangerous?

This is near to that.

Buttler gone, 55-4, bit of a nothing shot.

Holder to Buttler, OUT , comes down, extra bounce finds the edge - gottim! Balloons off the shoulder of the bat, straight to second slip, and England sink further in the Antiguan sand! Holder strikes now, Buttlerā€™s tactic of leaving the crease fails to work as he becomes the latest top-order bat to come a cropper on this green surface

JC Buttler c Campbell b Holder 1 (12b 0x4 0x6) SR: 8.33

Bairstow 50, heā€™s played this pitch very well so far.

71-4

Lunch, England 78-4

93-6, Bairstow was out 2nd ball after lunch and now Stokes has gone

Gabriel to Stokes, OUT , edged and gone! Thatā€™s another absolute beauty from Gabriel, pushing Stokes back into the crease from back of a length, angling in to demand a defensive poke, then nipping away to take the edge. A simple catch for Dowrich and England are deep in the soup!

BA Stokes c ā€ Dowrich b Gabriel 14 (23b 2x4 0x6) SR: 60.86

Iā€™m off to the pub to practise talking to Baz on Saturday.

3 Likes

Find the beligerant drunk in the cornerā€¦you know the oneā€¦the one everyone avoids, even when heā€™s sober. :lou_wink:

Tea, England 172-6

Surprisingly no England wickets fell during the session.

Moeen 55*
Foakes 32*

1 Like

Enjoying this now, just wish there were more there watching this, I know the 80ā€™s atmosphere will never come back but come on, the Windies are the home side.
Shame.

https://twitter.com/LovellLowdown/status/1091028829127229440

1 Like

Oops, my bad, sorry Mr Foakes, I just tuned in to show Mrs D_Pā€™s BFF what cricket was and you got out to a horrorific bit of bad luck

186-8

Broad out 1st ball Gabriel on a hat trick.
FFS PHil
FFS

It was 1st ball of next over my bad I blame the Moldovans. Curran out next ball 186-9

187 all out