🗼 What have we got to rival the Spinnaker Tower?

By going for the UK capital of culture…

Do you want to leave the EU or not, Barry?

Of course, fuck it lets go for World City of culture.

Good grief :man_facepalming::woman_facepalming:

Royal pier has been a Kutis for a while.

1 Like

I got kicked out of their in the 80’s when it was some sort of nightclub don’t think I have ever been back inside in all of it’s guises since.

The Pier or something, my point is that is the council’s ambition, the square sum of fuck all, just collect business rates and monies for the ships passing through and thats it, nothing to keep the people of the ships in the City, this is one of the reasons they’re so scared of Liverpool getting some of the action, they wouldn’t get it back.
The World doesn’t stand still however…

…Barry does.

2 Likes

Barry in the 3rd person never stands still.

And yet he thought that the Royal Pier was still a nineties husk.
Have you been to the new West Quay development? Cultural quarter?

Yes.

I’ll further that, you know a City is desperate for culture when it effectively sells a City disaster as an attraction.

It’s called history Barry. I thought you’d approve.

1 Like

But its not showtime. If we haven’t got much history or history people want to see we have to do something that will interest people, having 2 cod fillets for 1 on a Thursday in a Shirley chippy won’t cut it.

Showtime?!!

What do you want a themed “Disney” parade of people dressed up as historical characters through the Bargate down to the docks on the hour followed by a firework display?

2 Likes

And Liverpool has culture? They’ve been dining out on the Beetles, Cilla, Tarbuck and faded memories of football glory for years…

1 Like

And victimhood. Which makes Barry’s Titanic moan somewhat ironic.

3 Likes

Liverpool was the European Capital of the slave trade, so that’s one thing they will always have over us.

3 Likes

And their lazy council do nothing to promote the fact and bring tourists in😂

Aren’t you thinking of “The World’s End” which was on The Town Quay?