🗼 What have we got to rival the Spinnaker Tower?

https://twitter.com/SeeSouthampton/status/1060512959422742528

1 Like

Hamble isn’t Southampton, good for a piss up.

Until the City has more access to the waterfront it’ll be a fragmented City with no centre or heart. Its needs a heartbeat.

It’s a successful working dock.

Should we just close it all down so you can sip a Lambrini cocktail in a nautically themed Spoons in the new Old Dock Quarter?

3 Likes

It’s a port for a start, what about the Royal Pier?

Oh for fucks sake, docks, port, whatever - stop being a dick for the sake of it can’t you? As a local nipper we called them the docks. Can’t remember if you were actually brought up locally.

And what exactly about the Royal Pier? Just chuck a random point in as per all your usual rants…

Well what’s the story there and intention?

What the fuck are you on about? Don’t talk in riddles of one weird sentence - explain what you mean or what you want to know. It might head off half of the beefs you create.

Btw I’d blow up the Royal Pier it’s been no use to anyone for at least 40 years. Turn it into yet more expensive flats and retail units? What do you think? You seem to have an opinion, or do you? Share it, it’ll make this less painful.

1 Like

That’s Southampton wrapped up right there.

Last time the Pier was in operation it had a Beefeater on it. Is that the kind of thing you’re after?

1 Like

It sums up our ambition, nothing, zip, fuck all.

Again a useless random comment that adds nothing or moves the discussion along.

I’m pretty sure you do this on purpose.

Why? That’d be a psychoanalyst’s dream unravelling that one.

Edit: Oh, and answer all the questions. You’re keen to point it out when others don’t.

You were saying…

It seems they want money to bring people in, it doesn’t work like that, you have to have some things in the first place that interest people. We have traffic lights and ocean village…

Your point was about ambition.

Today it was announced that Southampton are vying for a prestigious award that should help regenerate and improve the city, if Liverpool is anything to go by.

Besides, I hardly think you’re qualified to assess the ambition of others when you’re not ambitious enough to address the content of the posts you’re replying to. Baby steps, Barrington. Baby steps.

2 Likes

Didn’t we go for something with them down the road a while back?
Best shoe shop in Hampshire or something?

I don’t know, Barry, but I feel you should inspect this diagram.

Old news, mate.

We’re more ambitious now.