šŸ—¼ What have we got to rival the Spinnaker Tower?

Name me 5 nice areas in Southampton.

Highfield
Chilworth
Bassett
Bitterne Park
Netley
Terminus Terrace and surrounds
Bargate and City Walls
Chandlers Green
Woodmill
Ocean Village
Shamrock Quay
Polygon
Upper Shirley

2 Likes

define ā€˜niceā€™.

I think he means something the solidly middle class Baz could aspire to. :lou_eyes_to_sky:

1 Like

Is this taking the piss?

Not a shithole.

Thanks for doing that. As a bit of a purist in regards to the town, I was not born in, I would take off Chilworth, Netley & Chartwell (?) Green. I worked for the council taking referrals so the boundaries were my thing.

1 Like

I saw them as well, Bassett is ok but I canā€™t think of many nice areas after that.

And they missed The Waterside- geographically closer to central Southampton than most places in townā€¦

Fine, but Barry doesnā€™t get to mention Formby, Roby or his beloved Halton. He also has to acknowledge that being from ā€œBotley wayā€ means heā€™s from nowhere.

On a Southampton level at least.

You not being able to think about something doesnā€™t mean its not true, farm boy.

I still think thereā€™s a deep dark tale of you getting roughed up on a trip into town. Happens. Most of us put it down to ephemeral dickheads and get over it.

Lost the battle with this thread at post 47ā€¦ did anyone resolve the issue about Bazza needing a nightclub for getting jiggy with it or whatever? I was left with this mental image of 1987 on Ramsgate Harbour where ā€˜Neroā€™s 2000ā€™ was full of middle aged fat travelling salesmen in double breasted suits, looking to pull local stiletto heeled ā€˜looseā€™ younger ladiesā€¦ Bazza is that what you are after?

ā€¦ maybe thatā€™s what Southampton needs now a club - called Bazzaā€™s and Brazzerā€™s - you donā€™t get in without Jacket and tie, you need to drink fucking Cinzano or Malibu or whatever, drop Ā£250 trying to pull Stacey who is 47 but tells you she is 32, before puking on on your slip on shoes ā€¦ then heading back to the seafront B&B for a drunken wank before sleeping it off?

Sounds like a fucking excellent money making scam to meā€¦ Sotonians, letā€™s crowdfund this fucker! :man_dancing:t5:

2 Likes

Itā€™s called Popworld.

Itā€™s between Bedford Place and London Road.

Directions?

(Asking for a friend)

2 Likes

It used to be the silhouette club - the scene of one of the most terrifying nights of my life, when as an 19yr old taken there by a few lads from the rugby team, and spent the night fending off the advances of desperate 40 something divorcees.

2 Likes

This sounds amazing, where is it? Brazzers would be an absolute goldmine I can tell you, bit of mompov and youā€™re on the way to richesā€¦

What are you blathering on about now?

WTF is a mompov?

ĀÆ\(惄)/ĀÆ

Defo not worksafe, youā€™ve been warned.