⚽ 🇦🇹 Welcome Ralph Hasenhüttl

Basically the message to the players is … pucker up sweethearts, it’s going to be my way or the highway, buckle yourselves in as we’re about to jump to hyperspeed.

7 Likes

2 seasons too late imho…
MoPe’s holiday camp is finally over. And Sparkys’ I’ve been doing this too long I’m bored attitude has gone.
Hoo Rah!

1 Like

From what he has already said it feels like we have a manager with a plan. None of the usual sucking up comments about facilities ect but straight talking tactics, and straight talking messages to the players to step up or get out. He didnt soft soap the performance against Spurs and he didnt ignore then, Instead he identified the problems and said quite clearly our defence was shit. He is walking into the job with his eyes wide open and being honest. Its really refreshing.

first time since the Kooman someone has been honest ie when he said our academy players were not good enough for him. It was a statement of fact in his opinion. Its what a manager in my opinion needs to do. Ralf obviously wont make that call yet and because he wants to rely so much on athleticism he is confident he can promote some. I look at C Chambers under Potch for an example. He looked a great player when he was told to use his key strenghs of runnings. He has been been found out not to be so good when he has to rely on technique. If he can identify key strenth of our players and not treat them all as potential Zico Zidenes which they are not I am now hopefull by Jan we will start moving up the table.

My one regret is as someone else said is the international break would have been ideal time for the change. of course it may be all bullshit but this bloke is a football manager not a under nine coach living of his past footie skills. very quickly he has given me hope and that is all I wanted. If we are going to be a mid table club then I want us to be an entertaining one capable of taking some top scalps and not relying on draws with stoke and palace to stay out of the bottom three

3 Likes

Can’t see us picking up any points against Stoke this year.

6 Likes

For those that haven’t seen it

2 Likes

o come all ye Hüttl
tactical and ambitious
o come ye, o come ye
to Southampton…

(idea shamelessly nicked from Saintslist!)

Next season might be another story though … :persevere:

I didn’t think Stoke were doing that well in the Championship…

Oh, I see what you did there, o ye of little faith

Nicked from youtube:

Katarina went to Germany to buy some apple strudel,
She got a manager instead
His name is Hasenhuttl

1 Like

Oh I do like that … it’s set my Friday up rather peachy. I can already see myself on the “Friday (or everyday) Bletch (cunt) Drinking (but only cheap beer)” thread !

Tres bon SCD xx

2 Likes

This made me laugh loudly (or lol as the youngsters would say).

yes - my mind went blank thinking of mid table clubs - ive been too focused on the bottom - as steve bruce once said

whaaaaaat, doesn’t this forum quote other people’s quotes? I hate this forum FFS, it’s so futuristic, can’t we just quote someone and see the quote we are quoting like in the olden days? I hate change.

(Also I love the change of manager at saints).

1 Like

Nope. Can’t be done.

Sorry @Spudders, I’m on mobile in a pub and am too hungover to tell you how to do it.

Can @BTripz please explain how we can quote replies?

Thanks ta.

x

1 Like

Ah cool, another thing where there are several ways to do the same thing… this forum format is crazy! :slight_smile: Maybe if I spent more time on it I might just get used to it I suppose? :thinking:

2 Likes

Enjoy the pub, happy Friday sir :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well there’s 3 ways :-

1. If someone has replied to a post you will see an avatar of the person whose post they have replied to in the top right hand corner of the reply i.e.

If you click/tap on that person’s avatar you can see what they originally posted.

1. You can click on reply and then in the edit box you can click on the quote icon image this will then quote what ever is in the previous post in what you are editing.

2. Highlight/select the text you want to reply to and hit the [quote] button that appears

this will then quote the highlighted/selected text in a new post edit field.

You should also be aware that the edit box is modal so you can visit other topics and quote posts from another topic in this one, crazy isn’t it…

It’s simple really @Spudders, you really do need to drag your arse, kicking and screaming, into the century of the Rabbit Hutch…

1 Like

What’s a Modal?

Just watched the presser and am stupidly optimistic about our future.

Right now Hutch’s appointment seems like a real coup.

I know we’ll either grow to despise him or he’ll be poached after 18 months, but I’m fucking looking forward to how he will transform our squad.

5 Likes