šŸ”« US Gun Violence

This could just as easily go on the nascent ā€œis it racistā€ thread, but how comes its mostly white dudes that commit these mass shootings over there?

Could it have something to do with the dream theyā€™re sold versus the reality they get?

All the black fellas are too busy running away from the PO-PO.

Well thatā€™s true, but thereā€™s been some writing on the black fellas never being entirely sold on the American Dream in the first place.

Which might explain why they donā€™t go postal when they get bullied at high school or are not on a million a year at forty years old.

Apparently this is the 307th mass shooting in America this year.

Letā€™s face itā€¦most seemingly donā€™t give a stuff unless it affects themā€¦then itā€™s too late so a stuff not worth giving in any event. :lou_facepalm_2:

https://twitter.com/Strandjunker/status/1060552747580301312

8 Likes

So often itā€™s said that if more of the good guys had guns there would be less shootings.

Do they mean white good guys?

3 Likes

Not sure about this phrase in the article, they could have chosen a better word

Aurora police chief Kristen Ziman said late on Friday they had information that indicates ā€œhe was being terminated todayā€.

1 Like

Only 5ā€¦surprised it made the news.

Just to keep you up to speed: US Mass Shootings 2019

Only 4 deadā€¦typical sacrifices on the alter of unfettered gun ownershipā€¦well worth it donā€™t you think. :lou_facepalm_2:

1 Like

I know that some people donā€™t like garlic but that was a bit extremeā€¦

Seriously though, Iā€™m being pessimistic but I canā€™t ever see the USA banning firearms- theyā€™re too wedded to their constitutional rights (which I understand hare being conveniently misinterpreted) and Hollywood to change.

Thatā€™s one genie that simply cannot be put back into the bottle. Too many guns already in circulation, far too strong a gun culture, and way, way too powerful a gun lobby in the form of the NRA. Americans are stuck with guns whether they like it or not, and to be brutally honest most of them do seem to like it.

1 Like

Think many are also driven by a deep sense of irrational paranoia - from commies under the bed to criminals murdering themā€¦ all messages fuelled by historic political will and the Gun lobby in bed with Governmentā€¦ its and easy win winā€¦ Government funded by Gun lobby dollars, Government happy to let NRA spout shit about the need for personal freedoms and protectionā€¦ so its free to sell arms to anyone = more jobs making guns and military hardware = more jobs etcā€¦

I also think many have some sort of fantasy, they think its cool to own a gunā€¦ like some hollywood romantic view of power in their handsā€¦

ā€¦fucked up society. How long before Trump is lobbying his pal Boris to allow hand guns under license back into then UKā€¦ what with his concern about our knife crimeā€¦? Right now, I would not rule it out given how these arseholes think.

3 Likes
3 Likes

Another one.

Yee Haw. Let them get on with it. They are beyond help and redemption.

2 Likes

Sadly it is self propagating as they reproduce faster than they kill each other.

1 Like

Now 19 dead.

1 Like

Iā€™ve seen this on twitter a few things now.
Not checked and verified it but we know thereā€™s a lot in the good old USA .

https://twitter.com/keithedwards/status/1157740352838742016?s=19

5 Likes

Another one.