šŸ’¤ Unscheduled downtime

Outage from about 5:10pm-5:19pm.

Apparently there is another site, now switched off, causing issues for the other sites on the box. Confirmed it wasnā€™t us causing problems. Weā€™ll see how things go, but I really donā€™t like the idea of being at the mercy to contention like that.

This isnā€™t exactly downtime, but Iā€™ve noticed today that the latest post link on each thread is greyed out, so I canā€™t go to the end of any thread. Iā€™ve tried logging in using Firefox and Chrome, and itā€™s been the same on both. First time Iā€™ve been on here in over a week as Iā€™ve been away, and it was out of action yesterday evening.

Anyone else had the same thing?

Yeah, we had to disable that because it was hella slow on large threads like Optimus Trousers.

There are plans to bring it back shortly.

Had an issue with the site earlier on. Took a while to diagnose because it was a software fault in the original code. Guard them fucking while loops, kids! Complete fucking idiocy removed - we should now be good.

Just had a few minutes of weird downtime. Was getting a ā€œNot Foundā€ error. Went into the panel to restart, but the site had already come back up at that point.

I had to relog afterward.

That will have been Cheltenham GCHQ having a look at what you are up to

1 Like

Put some changes up, so if you noticed around 45s of wait time, that was it.

About 5-10 minutes of downtime at lunchtime.

Details:-

To confirm - The server your site is hosted on has just had some Security patches applied and as a result a reboot was necessary.
The site should be back up and running within the next 5-10 minutes.

Thanks for letting us know, Pap.

I thought it was something Iā€™d done wrong and have been flapping around like a headless Bazza :lou_sad:

1 Like

Iā€™m just glad that it was resolved before the question that could unravel the universe was asked.

If Sotonians is down, where the fuck does Barry ask for technical advice?

5 Likes

TSW

1 Like

Originally posted by @BTripz

Originally posted by @pap

Originally posted by @Halo-Stickman

Thanks for letting us know, Pap.

I thought it was something Iā€™d done wrong and have been flapping around like a headless Bazza :lou_sad:

Iā€™m just glad that it was resolved before the question that could unravel the universe was asked.

If Sotonians is down, where the fuck does Barry ask for technical advice?

TSW

Heā€™s banned from there. Not that it bothers him, mind.

1 Like

Had a small outage. Think it was a server reboot.

We had some unscheduled downtime again. Apparently the providers had a wee emergency.

I have some of those. Its my age apparently!

4 Likes

I didnā€™t even notice. Obviously picked the right time to take a dump.

Had some more of this today, but think it was pretty serious. Not only could _we _not be reached, but neither could the people that host us (as in, their own site).

Back now.

To be fair ā€“ uptime here has generally been pretty good in my experience thus far, when compared with places Iā€™ve posted in times past.

One issue Iā€™ve noticed (if it helps at all) is that last night, and a couple of times before, Sotonians would reload/refresh ok, but the page would never stop trying to finish the reload, as it was constantly ā€˜waiting forā€™ something like ā€˜gravtar.com?ā€™

Shit papster!

Jackā€™s rumbled us.

grav a tar.com is a portal buried deep in the onion rings of the dark web.

Whilst browsing sotonians.com, gravatar.com sends a javascript probe deep into the collective anuses of our membership.

Its task is to infect each memberā€™s consciousness with Corbyn-AIDS and leave them with left-wing sensibilities.

Orā€¦

gravatar.com is where sotonians.com gets the icon for members that havenā€™t selected their own image.

And that whilst visiting last night, gravatar.com was temporarily down.

You might have noticed that some of the member avatars were missing?

Iā€™ll let you decide which is closer to the truth.

2 Likes

I notice you cleverly (though rather transparently) attempted to steer Sotonians members away from coming to the conclusion that it could be both. :lou_wink_2:

But even so, essentially then Bletch, what youā€™re really saying ā€“ is that itā€™s all Rallyboyā€™s fault.