šŸ¤³ Unashamed self promotion - ok or not?

Stay connected Lou, this is Rock n Roll!!!

Back to type

@pap & @saintbletch are tag teaming @coxford_lou ?

1 Like

Think @coxford_lou knows me too well, Iā€™d love to learn the drums or the guitar.

Surely the bassist has the easiest job in a group, 3 chords, 4 strings thatā€™s all.

Some people have recently said I look like Roger Watersā€¦which has pissed my off a bit as he is at least 15 years older than me.* However I am available as a bassist if you can stump up the airfare for a short tour**

Looking the part shouldnā€™t be a problem for meā€¦playing bass might be though.

*OK maybe 5.

**between home games (I have a season ticket)

4 Likes

Not if you come from Portsmouth and Skate is out of season it wouldnā€™t

2 Likes

Weā€™ve had something of a crisis in my band. One of our members keeps leaving on a Friday night, and we are now auditioning for someone else.

Before anyone asks, I havenā€™t been involved in any of the friction, but I am aware of some of the complaints. Exit #1 was all over Bad Moon Rising. Our recently departed member (he may be back, we just donā€™t know) _insists _itā€™s a wedding song, not a pub song.

Here are the lyrics for that song. I think youā€™d only ever play it at a wedding if you hated the bride and groom.

I see a bad moon rising.
I see trouble on the way.
I see earthquakes and lightninā€™.
I see bad times today.

Donā€™t go around tonight,
Well itā€™s bound to take your life,
Thereā€™s a bad moon on the rise.

I hear hurricanes a blowing.
I know the end is coming soon.
I fear rivers over flowing.
I hear the voice of rage and ruin.

Well donā€™t go around tonight,

Hope you got your things together.
Hope you are quite prepared to die.
Looks like weā€™re in for nasty weather.
One eye is taken for an eye.

Well donā€™t go around tonight,

Donā€™t come around tonight,

3 Likes

Fucking bongos, as an after thought!..

And to think, I could have been someoneā€¦and now itā€™s, ā€˜oh look, here comes fucking bongo boyā€™.

:lou_angry:

8 Likes

I think sheā€™s worried about the effect all the Top Deck has had on your musical abilitiesā€¦

2 Likes

:lou_facepalm_2: One of the greatest songs of the 20th century, relegated to a debate over whether itā€™s a pub song or a wedding song? Oh my lord.

1 Like

I donā€™t know why - I can just picture you playing bongos and shimmying a bit to the beat.

3 Likes

Definitely see you on drums, BBB. Itā€™s your destiny - do it!

Itā€™s this thatā€™s done it isnā€™t it

1 Like

Iā€™ll look after the finances, gate receipts, merchandise income royalties and advances etc

Itā€™ll all be safe with me. Honest.

2 Likes

What is a band with a vicious splitā€¦ I think i know just the man for guitar, and songwriting to cause disharmany and the evential splitā€¦ iā€™ll bring my Rickenbackersā€¦

Comic-Con HQ comic con comic-con comic-con hq cchq GIF

1 Like

You forgot the bit about pap singing it.

2 Likes

At least youā€™ve got something to bang. Iā€™m just pouring drinks and supplying acid.

Iā€™m not sure Iā€™m cut out for ā€œA song of self discovery and overcoming adversityā€ anyway.

Iā€™m much more ā€œself loathing and nihilismā€.

3 Likes

Ferret and Pap consider Brexit
stupid clever christopher guest Michael McKean spinal tap GIF

2 Likes

John Fogarty, CCRā€™s main songwriter, is possibly the most shat upon mush in music.

OzSaint Daveā€¦ DavidStHubbins? I think we should be told

I see Pap more as Artie Fufkin