Tour De France - 2016

Just a general query following Mrs Cobham Saint being on driver awareness course today for speeding.

Have any of you been pulled / fined for exceeding the speed limit on your bikes?

She was told on the course that it does happen more than you’d think - but we’re not sure how true that is as we know quite a few Lycra louts but they’ve never mentioned it.

It happens at places like Richmond Park but I’ve never come across it.

1 Like

I rode up the Col D’Aspin last year from that side. It’s fair to say they were slightly faster than I was.

DD are having a storming TdF.

Cheers Flahute.

I know Richmond Park has a 20mph limit and I’ve seen the deer run faster - never seen them pulled over though…

Interestingly the geeky data, does not suggest this was easy… Kittle actually hit a faster max and held it longer, as he had to go early as his lead out was a bit pants… Cav was able to kick in later get his timing spot on and so be at max at the line, when Kittel was actually slowing… Interesting as in pure pace terms, Kittel had a faction more max speed, but reached it too early… tactically Cav was spot on… facinating duals and geeky facts :lou_surprised:

Cav was saying the other day how he knew that last year when he was struggling you get anxious and go too early, so he was looking for that in other riders, and they are all doing that.

It’s a high speed poker game.

I love Cav as he is always so happy for others. Genuinely happy.

Tourmalet today… although early in day. Gives me nightmares from May 2015, when we went up only a few days after it opened…18C at bottome, -3C at top with banks of snow, and a closed cafe… ;-( 1hour 54min of pain and misery going up… and then torture on the decent as the wind chill froze the sweat… had to put the heater on full back in the car when we got back to Lourdes… but I digress… it was fucking cold :lou_surprised:

2 Likes

Great win from Froomey and brilliant tactical day from Sky…

Great finish today - very clever…

Fuck a duck! That was awesome.

Some decent that. scary as fuck

That could be an expensive drink Quinatana had at the summit - he might have just lost the race…

But I’d like to be in his team debrief…you lost how many seconds?..Downhill? :astonished:

Originally posted by @areloa-grandee

Some decent that. scary as fuck

I did that last summer. :cool:

It is, I can assure you, fast as fuck but a good surface with good sight lines.

It was a damn sight harder going up it in 30+c. Something my northern European body didn’t enjoy.

Froome has been endearing himself to the fans by clouting one in the chops

2 Likes

To be fair…he was dressed as a chicken…an easy mistake to make. :lou_wink_2:

1 Like

and he looked like Jimmy Savile.

That was amazing descending, pretty much flat out peddling while leaning over the handlebars. Never seen anything like it, get that balance wrong and your bike is flipping over the front!

The speed he was generating meant that not even Froome realised that he won by such a margin. But the tactics was spot on from Froome/Sky, but the tactics from the others at the point they went over the top was very questionable.

Here is the punch and slowmo

But when Chris Froome (after gaining weight and hair) reversed into the chicken man in the car park after the race, the chicken man snapped!