Tour De France - 2016

Contador quits due to illness. Renshaw out too.

Renshaw could be a blow - Cav must have one eye on the Olympics now…

Good win for Tom. My Mrs has a soft spot for him after last years efforts in Spain. Young Yates is looking excellent.

With that weather it’s lucky there wasn’t a descent!

Had astorm like that in May at top of Col du Puyol (stage 5 this year)… hit just as we started the decent… scary stuff and had to stop at a still closed campsite to get out the hail and rain - temp droppedform a pleasent 17C to 6C !! which when soaked and wind chill was not pleasent…thankfully only 4km further to a nice hotel/cafe to warm up by fire and drink coffee :wink:

Good news today, in a pretty anonymous race Froome managed to cling on to the yellow jersey despite a stiff challenge from Adam Yates.

In a bizarre turn of events the whole field finished in exactly the same time today as there were no breakaways and no stragglers.

That is a big blow for Cav. Shame.

GC guys just had a massive CBA day.

Was a bit of a second rest day for the GC. With Sagan doing what he does best… Everything, but losing out on the sprint as he used up his energy doing his own lead out!

Fuck me sideways. What a stage!

Every second counts!

Goota feel for Cav, how unlucky to get a puncture

It was his rear shifter. Clanged it against someones wheel and the Di2 stopped working.

Change of plan for Stage 12

Tour de France

Posted at11:56

Mont Ventoux
Getty Images

Thursday’s stage will no longer finish on top of Mont Ventoux because of winds of up to 120km/h are expected in Provence. Instead, stage 12 will finish six kilometres down the mountain at Chalet Reynard.

Britain’s Chris Froome, who won the last summit finish on Mont Ventoux in 2013 on the way to the first of his two Tour titles, called the decision “the right thing to do”.

Fucking spectators should be shot,

You’ll see why later. Froome has had to take a neutral bike and it doesn’t fit, all whilst he was leading a breakaway from the peloton.

Spoiler alert

Unbelievable.

Unbelievable.

Have I said unbelievable?

Froome has lost a minute and half to Bauke Mollema.

Will it stand?

The motorbike in front of Richie Porte brakes - we can’t see why - and Porte goes into the back of it.

Bauke Mollema and Chris Froome crash into Porte. They all go down.

You can only assume the motorbike has stopped because of the crowd…

The issue of fans getting too close to the action has been a nuisance so far in this Tour.

Today it became an all-out problem.

The motorbike colliding with a spectator has caused chaos.

Richie Porte on the crash:“I went straight over the top of the bike. It was a mess. The guys went straight into me. I don’t know what they’re going to do - they have to do something because it’s not fair.”

More from Richie Porte:“That can’t stand. It can’t happen like that. There has to be some sort of discretion. If you can’t control the crowds what can you control? It’s not the motorbike - the crowd are in your face the whole time, pushing riders.”

That was utterly, utterly fucking mental.

MENTAL.

I think they must have done something as Froome has just tweeted that he still has the Yellow jersey despite losing over 90 seconds to Mollema