:tories: Tories in trouble?

Originally posted by @Chertsey-Saint

Brilliant, you don’t like something so you choose not to believe it. That sounds like the Pap we all know and love.

For very good reasons. Your story didn’t check out, at all. Whooping cough is a bit more serious than a couple of days and antibiotics.

Just out of interest, was your Whooping Cough down to poverty?

Nope. Vaccine scare in the late 1970s. A lot of women didn’t take it, mum included.

Well that’s me fucked then, my mum has diabetes and suffers from gout and water retention…

It was a week and a half of sickness, including 2 nights of all night vomiting, and what I would call a tickly cough now (ie persistent, but not with the racket there was before). She’s not allowed back to nursery until next week mind. It’s fine if you don’t believe it, that’s up to you, but your ‘I obviously know more than a GP’ spiel is laughable.

It was a week and a half of sickness, including 2 nights of all night vomiting, and what I would call a tickly cough now (ie persistent, but not with the racket there was before). She’s not allowed back to nursery until next week mind. It’s fine if you don’t believe it, that’s up to you, but your ‘I obviously know more than a GP’ spiel is laughable.

I’m not saying I know more than a GP. You were saying that your daughter has whooping cough last week.

Thanks for the belated clarification of the symptoms. Tickly cough, eh?

I’ve read a bit more concering quality food for less than a fiver, time is a major issue, how long do people think it takes to make a good shepherds pie and what exactly would they put in it? Education on where to shop and how to cook and most of these people dont have these skills. People simply dont cook anymore, I love to cook and I would very interested to know some of these meals that are quick healthy and practical, I think every parent is.

3 Likes

Well you’re questioning the GP’s diagnosis, so yes you are.

Tickly cough now, yes, as I said.

And more to the point (a question I asked earlier), does eating pasta and all the meat they couldn’t sell as actual pieces of meat constitute a great diet?

Post up the medical records, lets end this once and for all

1 Like

Re the first bit yes - I could do it for about £4 so a £1 for power etc should cover it - and this is based on the standrad supermarket range ingredients not the cheap shit

I am not advocating the red meat and carbs is the panacea of healthy living - You asked what hot food could be bought for less than a fiver - I just gave the first example I thought of. I’m sure I could come up with a couple of other recipes for you, if you are interested.

What do you suggest eating then Pap to constitue a good diet. I would say that a spag bol is good as part of a normal balanced diet?

It’s getting to that point isn’t it, zzzz. I’ll try and get an article in the Guardian, then Pap will be sure to believe it, as that’s tends to be where people tell him what to believe.

Originally posted by @CB-Saint

Re the first bit yes - I could do it for about £4 so a £1 for power etc should cover it - and this is based on the standrad supermarket range ingredients not the cheap shit

I am not advocating the red meat and carbs is the panacea of healthy living - You asked what hot food could be bought for less than a fiver - I just gave the first example I thought of. I’m sure I could come up with a couple of other recipes for you, if you are interested.

…included as part of a statement that says cheap food is shit food.

Spag bol is tasty enough, but it’s still shit food, and certainly something you couldn’t eat everyday.

I’d put all Iceland food in a much worse bracket, but people have to eat that every day too.

Nutrition weighs into a number of those diseases, so the price of food and what you can get is hugely significant.

What do you suggest eating then Pap to constitue a good diet. I would say that a spag bol is good as part of a normal balanced diet?

I can only speak for myself.

Plenty of fruit, veg. Fresh meat and fish as least once a week,. Cut down on red meat. Stay off stuff that is overly processed, like chocolate, fast food or crisps. We’ll eat pasta (and something) usually about once per week as well.

Anecdotal, I know - but I haven’t been ill for more than 2 continuous days for the last 20 years.

In my opinion Mr Pig and his mates went for the worst option and couldn’t believe it when it passed through the Commons. This new Lords issue only knocks it back to where they really wanted to be in the first place and with the added bonus that they can claim they “listened”. Scary times ahead…

So Spag Bol can be had as part of a balanced diet then, even in your world?

I don’t see why in general you cannot live off that kind of thing for evening meals for £1.50 a person, per dinner, so for a 4 person family, £42 a week.

Occassionally, it’ll be fine. But as the WHO have just told us, it’s probably not great. Well, depending on exactly how the mince is treated. But, if we are going under a 5er, it’s probably not going to be great, is it?

I like mash potato

4 Likes

I’m amazed it even started.

Here’s the row, summarised.

me: Diseases linked to poverty are increasing since 2010.

Cherts: I’ll ignore all of that, because I tell people I’m loaded, and clearly my one personal experience overturns all the research that has been done in that area.

Six times!

David Cameron today refused SIX TIMES to tell Jeremy Corbyn whether anyone will be worse off next April because of cuts to tax credits.

The Labour leader dedicated all of his questions at PMQs to the growing row over the cuts - which were stalled this week by the House of Lords.

Mr Cameron confirmed he will only spell out a revised plan for the cuts in a month’s time when George Osborne unveils his Autumn Statement on November 25.

What’s the fucking point of PMQs then? He answered all the easy questions :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah, we’re getting down to a very small group of foods we can eat now. Of course, that’s if you want to live forever…

Probably not great no. Interested where £5 for a family of 4 came from though, not sure what the rules are for this game?