:tories: Tories in trouble?

Are Cameron’s mates Geordies?

Seems like a case of “Huawei for the lads”.

2 Likes

Both main parties taking a kicking in the local elections -fairly common for a serving government to lose council seats but still not great. Labour should be picking up seats though.

I didn’t vote yesterday. Labour’s constructive ambiguity regarding Brexit isn’t a vote winner.

It’s a local election for local people’s local issues. Not Brexit :man_facepalming:

3 Likes

Yeah alright. I’m sure all tribalism and thought of protest disappears because of the local context. People focus on local issues only.

Over 1000 seats lost for the Tories in the local elections.
Oops.

2 Likes

This is why I took issue with @Cobham-Saint’s point. Boyh Labour and Tories seem to be getting a kicking over Brexit. This is clearly about more than local issues. It’s the first opportunity the public have had to voice their satisfaction, or otherwise, with our parties.

If John McDonnel is tweeting that the message he has understood is “Sort Brexit out”, I think this is about more than local issues.

If you think this is bad, wait until the end of the month when the two main parties will be standing in an election against Farage that he can legit win.

But not bothering to vote?

I live in West Derny. Mu party doesn’t need my vote at the moment, and until it sorts itself out on the whole democracy issue, doesn’t deserve it.

I don’t want to vote for the snake Lib Dem cunts, I’m not going to vote for Tory or UKIP cunts.

It’s called abstention. Happens all the time in Parliament, without the sanction you’ve applied. Have a go at them mate. They’re MPs. I’m just a voter.

But at least you could have gone and spoiled the ballot paper ? I’ve done it many a vote by drawing a knob on the paper / writing “none of the above” etc. At least spoilt papers get counted and reported. Hell, it may even brighten up the evening of the counters - though I suspect the same old jokes wear thin after a while…

You are quite correct.

I do however wonder whether me nipping round to St Mary’s Church and writing “WANKERS” on a polling card is going to be a stronger political statement than what can be achieved on Twitter.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/shaun_1878/status/1124377423921938437

2 Likes

Neither make a difference really, but are cathartic in their own way.

This batch of council elections were held in mainly Conservative and Lib-Dem strongholds, so Labour were never going to make sweeping gains. You are right though, the media have been laughable with their attempts to make out that Conservatives losing nearly 1,300 seats and Labour losing 87 is somehow equivalent. Desperate stuff. Virtually all of them keep quiet about the turnout, which renders the whole exercise pretty meaningless anyway. Below 20% in loads of places, down as low as 12% in more than a few wards. A pox on all your houses seems to be the over-riding message the electorate are sending out.

5 Likes

This little chap’s mummy and daddy’s chests must have been bursting with pride in Lincolnshire today. Poor little sod, Social Services should be called in IMHO.
9 year old Leo Townend caught the PM’s attention with his t-shirt.

If the lad started tomorrow morning, he’d still be an improvement

4 Likes

Boris is such a scamp

no, he’s a cunt

3 Likes

I’ve not had a drink since last Saturday so am feeling a bit reticent about dropping c-bombs around the place.