:tories: Tories in trouble?

I’m putting this here although it may not quite fit. But feel it’s increased since 2010. I see less and less permanent staff. Especially in London where the wages of two senior social workers wouldn’t get you on the property ladder at all. Some of my colleagues get paid double the pay I do for the same job. They don’t have pension/sick pay/holiday but then they could use the other amount for that.

It is never ending with this one.
He is not a stupid man by any means.

If I did something similar in my role I’d be in some formal procedures by now. Maybe even reported to our regulator to investigate. I may have brought my profession into disrepute. Why are these lot not held to much higher account than a social worker is?

1 Like

Politicians are and always have been disreputable so how can they go after Boris for what he naturally is?
:sunglasses:

1 Like

Little Gavin the fireplace salesman sacked as defence secretary for blabbing about Huawei.

2 Likes

Apparently that’s what took May to not have confidence in him. A lot of us haven’t for a while.

1 Like

The high diving fridge has been appointed.

I thought @Rallyboy 's description was…“Like a wardrobe being tipped out of a wheelbarrow” :lou_lol:

2 Likes
5 Likes

Good to know that our Prime Minister has unilaterally decided that breaking the official secrets act is no longer a criminal offence! She now considers"the matter to be closed". No need for a police inquiry or for Williamson-Pike to lose the Tory whip. It wouldn’t look out of place in a third world dictatorship. I look forward to the response from the Labour front bench the next time one of these corrupt bastards gets up in the HOC and claims that Jeremy Corbyn is a threat to national security.

This current government have shown, over and over again, that they hold the general public in complete and utter contempt. Anyone even considering voting for them in upcoming elections needs to stand in front of a mirror and give their head a fucking good wobble.

2 Likes

Hmm. I don’t remember that plotline being in House of Cards, which sacked Gav was a big fan of.

Perhaps he didn’t follow the story as well as I did. You move up after being Chief Whip, guv. Never down.

Still, at least this prevents the assassination that eventually took Francis Urqhuart out. Sacked Gav will probably turn up on Strictly Come Dancing and later, much later, This Week as the “normal Tory”.

If the last sounds ridiculous, look at who fulfils that role now, and how he was thought of during the last Tory government of the 20th century, and how fucking normal he is compared to the Tories we have now.

It happens.

1 Like

It was always going to be him, wasn’t it? I’m not a betting man, but I’d have put good money on that.

You sure it wasnt Penny?
:roll_eyes:
That would be more House of Cards.

2 Likes

The scariest thing in House of Cards happens in season two, when the council block is destroyed by a gas explosion.

As they hear it go off, their MI5 matey looks over to the Urqhuarts and says “not one of ours”.

It would be, but as she wouldn’t have been at the NSC meeting it’s probably a tad unlikely. But I rather like the idea of some other minister doing it to stitch up Williamson, who was always going to be the go-to suspect. :lou_wink_2:

I hope they told him to shut up and go away, like sacked Gav did to Russia.

As far as I know, Russia has been unmoved by sacked Gav’s request.

So we’ve got sacked Gav demanding a police inquiry and the government saying “hang on old chaps. Is that really necessary?”

Hmm.

2 Likes

The former director of public prosecutions, Lord Macdonald has just stated that the Huawei leak is a clear breach of the Official Secrets Act. If a civil servant who had signed the OSA had done this, leaked to the press, you can guarantee they would be prosecuted under the OSA, and would probably be sent to prison. Not only will Williamson-Pike not face prosecution, he will receive a 17,000 quid pay off, and keep his membership if the Privy Council. Privy Councillors are given confidential and sometimes secret briefings. Yet young Gav is somehow deemed to be unfit to hear Cabinet secrets but fit to hear Privy Council secrets, quite often in times of crisis or national emergencies. Either he is trustworthy or he isn’t. Trustworthiness is like virginity, you can only lose it once!

This whole saga stinks of corruption and vested interests taking precedence over the interests of country. He won’t be prosecuted because he is a Tory, and in the establishment’s eyes the same rules do not apply to them that apply to the rest of the great unwashed. Rotten to the core.

This tells you all you need to know.
Lord Browne … former non executive director to the Cameron cabinet office… now chairman of Huawei UK.
Sir Andrew Cahn… former head of UK trade and investment to the Cameron government… now on Huawei UK board of directors.
John Suffolk… former chief information officer to the Cameron government… now Huawei’s Senior Vice President and Global Cyber Security & Privacy Officer.

We are all being treated as mugs.

4 Likes

But we all allow the Government (of whatever flavour) to get away with this sort of stuff- that’s why they continue to take us for mugs. Short of the population spontaneously rising up I don’t see any change anytime soon.

She would have been at the meeting, DFID is on the NSC.

Well, you learn something every day. Could have Porky Penny’s chocolatey fingerprints all over it then, and a proper police inquiry would find her out. Though in reality it’s almost certainly just a load of bluff and bluster from Williamson. Anyone can say how much they’d welcome something that they know won’t happen, and look really hard doing it. Or maybe not the latter bit in Little Gav’s case.

Incidentally, does anyone else think that Gav has a distinct look of Alan Partridge about him?

Seems remarkably fitting somehow.

2 Likes