:tories: Tories in trouble?

The decision to build two carriers was a cynical move by Gordon Brown to guarantee work in his constituency

It would have been cheaper to give them all £1m

3 Likes

Blimey - the Grauniad slagging off the Govt.

Sorry if someone has already posted it - it is a week old. Made me chuckle though.

Here’s another I found on Twatter- I’m working on the assumption it’s true…

The tories have used Begum as a political point scoring exercise but they will score points over it, the vast majority of people want her to remain where she is (fail to talk about her child) so if they stated when she got to a safe place they’d allow her in they would have been hammered, on appeal she’ll probably be allowed to get back in but they have made their stance and will now if she returns prosecute and want custody of the child for their safety on the grounds of indoctrination from either mother or family.
Its a free hit if you will.

I understand from what I’ve read online is that she had dual Bangladeshi / UK nationality - so has other options - but is this the thread for this stuff. Thought it was exported to Barry Island?

Why? Its tory point scoring?

Maybe, but you just slam-dunked it in here, when you’ve also been dropping other stuff about the same subject in other threads…

Its relevant, you may not like the content but slam dunking everything and anything you don’t like on my Island is lazy and not cricket.

No. Slam dunking the stuff people don’t like to Barry Island is largely to clear stuff you spam around the site, making visiting Sotonians more tolerable to less seasoned regulars.

Really I thought it was a passive aggressive way of suppression but I’m cool the victory will be the people.

Really? I’d take that up with the management

@pap
@BTripz
@saintbletch

Over to you guys…

It’s suppressing nothing, Baz.

The thread is still there and can be accessed by everyone on the site.

Just search for it, or navigate to it by category Monkey Tennis -> Black Whole

Stuff gets moved there if it’s flagged and the Mod that looks into it and agrees that it is either off-topic or inappropriate (personal attack, etc.).

As for discussing Begum on The Tories’ thread - if it is linked back to the Tories being in trouble, then have at it.

If it becomes a stage for your usual trick of attacking Muslims or Islam or stating that some societies are so backward that they wouldn’t even let you be gay, then it’ll be moved or deleted.

CC: @moderators

1 Like

I agree with Barry Cobs. It DOES belong here.
It has been a complete masterstroke of every conspiracy/political theory we debate.
Stage managed to perfection by the msm to give the Tories an open goal.
Facts (triple nationality) were hidden, the msm & Piers Morgan on Twitter whipped up the sentiment and it was by far the easiest victory of Mays’ leadership.
Played directly into the leave vote immigration fears and our independence means the evil European Courts can never over rule the decision
:raised_hands:
Well played Tories

Fair point @Polski_Filip
(change the name soon btw @PolskiPhil maybe?)
Not convinced about the manner of posting stories about the woman across different threads is the right way to go though.

1 Like

Think she is eligible for Bangladesh nationality through her parents, but doesn’t currently hold it. From what I read that’s probably why the courts will reject the attempt to strip her citizenship as there’s no guarantee Bangladesh will grant it, which would then make her stateless.

Let’s lighten up this thread

:rofl:

Shouldn’t that be in the Brexit thread?

Oh wait…:sunglasses::roll_eyes:

1 Like

What must the rest of the civilized world think of this country, when we inflict the bumbling racist fool Boris Johnson on them as our Foreign Secretary, who spent his entire tenure in the role insulting other countries and embarrassing us on the world stage, then replacing him with this ignorant cretin. Remember he couldn’t even remember that his wife was Japanese, not Chinese. Is it really too much to expect that our Foreign Secretary should have at least a basic grasp of the history of a nation before he goes there on an official visit making ignorant speeches like this? And he was appointed in the role fresh from being Health Secretary, where he is remembered for hastening the destruction of our health service. Yet, like an unflushable turd he just keeps popping up, seemingly oblivious to the smell he creates. How anyone could vote for these people is beyond me.

2 Likes

The overriding impression for me is that both of these fools haven’t actually done very much. Johnson was, by all accounts, a pretty useless, inept FS, preferring to target cheap media fixes than establish any lasting diplomatic relations. Allegedly, there was an audible cheer in the FO when he resigned. BJ has shown his true colours as a lazy bastard, preferring to be a gobshite for the Telegraph rather than do any actual work in the political arena.
Imagine the Civil Servants dismay when they were lumbered with Hunt, a beige Yes man who, bizarrely, manages to combine the ineptitude and work ethic of a spaced out hippy with an air of menace and come up with an overall package that is far from satisfactory for the role.
I don’t think Hunt did anything particularly bad as Health Secretary, not because he was a good Minister, but because he didn’t do very much at all. The NHS had already been royally screwed over by that fuckwit of grotesque proportions, Andrew Fucking Lansley. A massive cunt, the reward for which was a life peerage. Hunt did nothing to change the course it was on, because he is a useless wanker.

5 Likes