:tories: Tories in trouble?

Pah.
Call that a huge delivery of Champagne?
We liberated WAY more than that from corporate after the '98 WC Final in Paris.
Now THAT was a lot of Champagne…

https://twitter.com/patanna/status/1179162856698322944?s=19

Heidi Allen is now a Lib Dem and claiming 20 other “One nation” Tories could follow.

General Election on the horizon and the realisation that they might have to get a job is setting in.

The mistake a lot of these MPs are making is that they are assuming the electorate voted for they because of their blinding personality and charisma so the votes will follow them. I think they will realise that they voted for them because of the rosette they were wearing

6 Likes

It is the reason why there is so much shit in Westminster as for once in their lives our politicians are having to take a clear position, often at odds with their own party and at odds with their constituents… it’s confusing the fuck out of them all.

Most of the electorate ideally want their party to have the same opinion on Brexit as they to, but within both Labour and the Tories, there are huge divisions, no party-wise cohesion and you have supporters openly attacking those in their own party which just contributes to the MP differing and head spin… as they shit it over the election

The problem is that EU membership has as many reasons to avoid as be part of, whatever the ‘principled’ may tell us. It’s only a very few folks that object or encourage on principles alone … most have formed an opinion on what they consider the practicalities…

The majority of politicians don’t necessarily live the EU, some may even be against it on principle, yet struggle with Brexit. Because of the practical difficulties, be it NI or the economic risks.

My view is that we elect representatives to make decisions on our behalf based not only on party political whip, but on informed perspectives which inevitably often mean compromise.

Currently the electorate is so divided and obsessed eith Brexit because those shouting loudest insist it must be done and dusted whatever … blah blah… that rational perspectives are lost in the noise spouted by the likes of Johnson, Mogg and Farage

1 Like

Genius Raab making a good impression.
https://twitter.com/VictoriaLIVE/status/1182229403540967426?s=20

2 Likes

The cheek of it.
https://twitter.com/BorisJohnson/status/1182198419651252224?s=19

My MH would be better if he wasn’t PM.

2 Likes

15 posts were split to a new topic: Photo ID for Voting - good or bad

https://twitter.com/DavidLammy/status/1190897283543576576?s=09

A whistleblower tipped off Labour about concerns that Cummings might have been turned during the three years he spent in Russia as a young man.

All we need now is to find out Priti Patel is having an affair with Gerry Adams and Dominic Raab has applied for an allotment. Job done. All their anti-Corbyn ammo nullified.

Lammy and the Times would have known this over two weeks ago if they kept up-to-date with this site.

1 Like

Can I just point out that the tweeter appears to be David Lammy, someone with a wee bit of form for invention and hyperbole?

Yep.

But the article is real and in The Times.

Are you defending Cummings or just don’t have a view?

I don’t know how real the story is BTW. Just find it odd that your initial reaction is to lambast a Labour MP when a story about a Tory advisor is surely the meat of the matter.

2 Likes

Lammy is a remainer. This trumps everything else.

A Labour MP who has gone on record essentially calling all Leave voters fascist.

There are a shitload of Labour MPs I don’t take seriously.

But yes, I do take issue with David and his Lammynated material.

Lammy is an idiot but this is not his material.

3 Likes

Ok try this.

Any concerns or other views?

Sadly, it’s not odd at all.

Let’s see if they have any substance to this story beyond years working in Russia. By that token, we should be rounding up Peter Hitchens as a potential informant.

Is Hitchens an unelected, unaccountable advisor to the PM who is avoiding being questioned about his conduct whilst already being found in contempt of Parliament?

3 Likes

@pap, are you sure you haven’t been hacked?

And I don’t just mean your Sotonians’ account.