:tories: Tories in trouble?

https://twitter.com/Channel4News/status/1179061961071501313?s=19

Born in Islington, grew up in Harrow. Hmmm.

ā€¦buggered off to Israel. Had a shitload of undocumented meetings which really should have had civil service representation there. Ended up suggesting that we spend foreign aid money on the Israeli Defence Force, effectively a tax payer funded subsidy for the illegal occupation of the Golan Heights.

Previous form for lobbying for the tobacco industry.

A complete and utter tool for elites home and abroad, desperate to be accepted, sheā€™s perfect for the Tories and perfect for Israel.

Hindus havenā€™t got the best record when it comes to their relations with their Muslim compatriots.

1 Like

If you rely on the BBC for your news forget it. This incident happened at lunchtime but still no mention of it, they really are craven, just imagine if this had happened at Brighton last week. Iā€™m sure Channel 4 will be more forthcoming at 7, Johnson has blacklisted them, refusing to give interviews, presumably because they ask awkward questions and he doesnā€™t have Laura kuennsberg there to hold his hand and guide him through it. Just watched her interview with him today, donā€™t know why she didnā€™t just drop to her knees, unzip his fly and be done with it.

2 Likes

:nauseated_face:

1 Like

Look, this is an ā€œimpartialā€ broadcaster which has somehow missed 46 weeks of actual kick offs in France.

I think weā€™ve established that the BBC is not a reliable source of information. They are guilty of massive and frequent sins of omission. Sometimes, theyā€™re guilty of commission too.

Iā€™ll certainly never forget the BBC journo on 9/11 that said that WTC7 had been destroyed, while it was still standing proudly behind her.

Some people call this a conspiracy! I for one am very glad weā€™ve got the most prescient news organisation in the world!

1 Like

Eh what? Check the hashtag

https://twitter.com/Mike_Fabricant/status/1179001353777102851?s=19

Jesus, how much of Rees Mogg do we need on channel 4 news?

Be fair. They covered the punch up story.

2 Likes

affectionate? If anything that dog looks completely fucking unimpressed with whats on offer.

Or those partial to logic and rational thought processes would see it for what it isā€¦ a repeat of a live clip from earlier (she does not actually ever acknowledge his questions or refer to that building) with new questions being asked in response to the third collapse but with no new report yet availableā€¦ or simply a cock up

It is quite funny how both sides of the political divide seem to believe the BBC is biased against themā€¦ The BBC have simply, like all MSM, in a world of shit social media attention seekers telling the news as FACT, become more concerned about reflecting what ā€˜the peopleā€™ are saying than reporting any unbiased news tin order to remain ā€˜relevantā€™

More people read Murdoch rags than watch news on BBC so I would be more worried about the shit they spreadā€¦ but as they are all pro hard Brexit you seem to be giving them an easy ride of lateā€¦

Iā€™m not really that interested in getting into that here, or the usual interminable pantomime debate that I can see in the near future.

Needless to say, I think youā€™re wrong. The reporter has since confirmed that is what she was reporting on. The explanations have not been forthcoming.

Another thing youā€™re wrong on is the take-up of Murdoch newspapers. The S*n, its best-selling rag, has lost over 2m circulation since its peak 25 years ago, and now hovers at 1.5m. Every other paper has less circulation, the vast majority are also behind paywalls.

These estimates put BBC News viewership at around 25 million.

Uhm statistics that do not give any info on whether these ā€˜Quaterly reach figuresā€™ of 25 mil are for a day, week, month or for the full quarterā€¦ so be careful how they are interpretedā€¦ The combined DAILY circulation of the the top 7 newspapers (all right wing brexit loving) is around 7mil, so as I said, I suspect they reach moreā€¦ Who confirmed it and where was it published BTW? on the BBC or elsewhere?

If you are not interested in ā€˜getting into all that hereā€™, then no need to respond (but I suspect you wont be able to resist the ā€˜last word barbā€™ - you are kind of predictable) :wink:

Suspect?

You knew earlier.

How times change.

If youā€™d like to start a conspiracy thread, go for it and I promise to be one of its most prolific contributors. This is a thread about the decline of the Tories. My point about the BBC was intended to illustrate an obvious sin of commission.

Given your interest in the subject, I look forward to your new thread.

commission or omission?

In that case, commission.

Theyā€™re normally much guiltier of omission.

2 Likes

Beat me too posting this.

Pah.
Call that a huge delivery of Champagne?
We liberated WAY more than that from corporate after the '98 WC Final in Paris.
Now THAT was a lot of Champagneā€¦

https://twitter.com/patanna/status/1179162856698322944?s=19

Heidi Allen is now a Lib Dem and claiming 20 other ā€œOne nationā€ Tories could follow.

General Election on the horizon and the realisation that they might have to get a job is setting in.

The mistake a lot of these MPs are making is that they are assuming the electorate voted for they because of their blinding personality and charisma so the votes will follow them. I think they will realise that they voted for them because of the rosette they were wearing

6 Likes

It is the reason why there is so much shit in Westminster as for once in their lives our politicians are having to take a clear position, often at odds with their own party and at odds with their constituentsā€¦ itā€™s confusing the fuck out of them all.

Most of the electorate ideally want their party to have the same opinion on Brexit as they to, but within both Labour and the Tories, there are huge divisions, no party-wise cohesion and you have supporters openly attacking those in their own party which just contributes to the MP differing and head spinā€¦ as they shit it over the election

The problem is that EU membership has as many reasons to avoid as be part of, whatever the ā€˜principledā€™ may tell us. Itā€™s only a very few folks that object or encourage on principles alone ā€¦ most have formed an opinion on what they consider the practicalitiesā€¦

The majority of politicians donā€™t necessarily live the EU, some may even be against it on principle, yet struggle with Brexit. Because of the practical difficulties, be it NI or the economic risks.

My view is that we elect representatives to make decisions on our behalf based not only on party political whip, but on informed perspectives which inevitably often mean compromise.

Currently the electorate is so divided and obsessed eith Brexit because those shouting loudest insist it must be done and dusted whatever ā€¦ blah blahā€¦ that rational perspectives are lost in the noise spouted by the likes of Johnson, Mogg and Farage

1 Like