🎄 🧵 The Xmas thread 2022

https://www.facebook.com/100064317746938/posts/pfbid0aT4LjRgo7fMHm3UKj11K4iq9RmhTUzPyvBwvMGDLEQudE651Dftnpc2BPXnFsuVBl/?app=fbl

This is my grandson Seb. His sister won the Society’s Sibling of the Year Award for alerting her parents to Seb’s seizures, coping with the family disruption and always helping

1 Like

That’s good work you’re doing there.

My sister has epilepsy. She used to suffer with multiple seizures daily, getting worse as she got older. She opted for the risky operation where they deal directly with the troubled part of the brain.

She suffered with significant paralysis and was unable to speak or do anything for herself for about 6 months, but eventually she has recovered. No seizures anymore, but she does have a little cognitive confusion at times now and her tolerance isn’t quite what it used to be.

So much better than the alternative however!

Her biggest positive from the whole thing though is an actual picture the surgeon took of the top of her brain when they opened her up! It’s pretty surreal…

5 Likes

When Argentina win the WC I will insist that the money we have raised goes to @Shroppie’s fund

Too late, Sotonians is about giving to charidee. He sweepstake winner will still get the £80, the rest goes to your charity…

2 Likes

Oh well, in that case it will pay for me to get back for a Saints game & meet you lot in the Pub beforehand
And Charidee

4 Likes
1 Like

How seriously can I take it?

I need some options here.

Are we talking “sitting outside your house, watching you come and go?”. A letter to one’s MP? King Herod at Christmas?

The Ayatollah is not taking my Christmas list seriously :rage:

4 Likes

Yeah, but a case?

2 Likes

I know right - we could probably afford it if she stopping spunking money on the ungrateful kids

This sort of thing fascinates me - trying something that was made when George Washington was president

2 Likes

Just save a fortune and buy a bottle of Sarsons Malt Vinegar

1 Like

Balsamic tbf

1 Like

2 Likes

That’s quite an initial stream… Kudos

Blessed be to that man…

7 Likes

5 Likes

I bought a Christmas Present today :scream:
In my defence, youngest Grandson in Cologne LOVES trains watches them and knows the different types, and has Brio-Mec.

So, after some rapid googling I found that the Lidl version is compatible and got him a German train.
Which is cool as we are getting him some actual track later having been given a hint.
I still feel dirty buying presents in November

1 Like

Christ, I shudder to think what the fresh stuff costs :flushed::flushed:

1 Like

And done, some kind folk overpaid so that’s £90 to your charity @Shroppie Your Honour.

5 Likes