🎄 đŸ§” The Xmas thread 2022

And you were doing so well responding to Shroppie’s post about kids :wink::joy:

1 Like

Mrs Bucks and I, having exerted ourselves massively last year with a host of family up from Southampton, plus young adult Bucks from Hertfordshire, are having the sum total of zero guests this year.

This is in part so no bastard infects us with Covid, thereby risking us being prevented from boarding our flight to Oz soon afterwards. Bah fucking humbug.

7 Likes

Sadly with you Pap, they wont be Charisma Presence

1 Like

Probably should be on the booze thread but Nov 15 is clearly not too early for a mulled wine in an enchanted Christmas forest. :grinning::wine_glass:

8 Likes

Sorry I’ve been a bit cynical, but after last year’s gut wrenching last minute cancellation I lost a bit of enthusiasm
This year with so many tour bookings, I simply cannot see any chance of heading out and finding a nice plump Organic bird to roast.

Oh.
Wait.

Mrs P_F is calling me.

Hmmmm

Nope, still no clue

1 Like

It’s not exactly good will to all men, is it?

Sympathise with you here - we started culling the present list some years ago, and the question you ask is “why do we buy x/y/Z Christmas/birthday presents?”.
If the answer is “well we always have” then stop instantly.
If you have to work into it slowly, then the approach is to stop when they are about 16 - if it’s too late for this, make it 17 or 18; if even this is too late, you need to stop instantly!!

1 Like

In the words of the wonderful George Michael

Next year, to save everyone from tears, we’re fucking off to the Caribbean on a cruise so you ungrateful shits can look at our pictures on Facebook instead. Unwrap that on the 25th you miserable fuckers.

I think that will fit instead of the original lyrics.

But seriously, I hate buying useless presents for the sake of it for people (and kids) that really have everything they need and if they haven’t got it or do in fact need it, they go and buy it for themselves anyway. So we are next year avoiding the situation completely and heading to the sun. Luckily Mrs Dizzyfeet is in full agreement.

3 Likes

Flying to Barbados or Miami?

1 Like

Second from left looks a bit like Skelletor’s
skull.

2 Likes

3 Likes

“ Earlier this month Mars Wrigley said it was removing Bounty bars from some tubs because 40% of people hated the coconut-flavoured treat.”

What about the 60% who like them. Fucking pandering to minorities :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

5 Likes

Depends on how seriously you want to take a simple (and very old) pun in response to yours
 I was not taking it that seriously :wink:

Flying to NY, sailing down to the Caribbean, back to NY then flying back

3 Likes

When you say sailing - a three masted schooner or a covid hutch?

Just to put a damper on things, we’re actually spending Christmas caring for our grandson who has Dravet’s Syndrome (severe epilepsy) to give his parents respite.

We’re fortunate to have many wonderful experiences and sometimes you need to give back.

And an unashamed reminder that I’m always fundraising for Epilepsy research, this year as my Mayor’s Charity. If anyone is feeling generous, you can help through this link.

3 Likes

Maybe we could divert the World Cup sweepstake cash to this? @BTripz?

3 Likes

Very kind but I’m not asking for that

Will save me a job sorting my just giving page out :wink:

An old tea chest, a bamboo cane and a pair of my mums big bloomers. Should give us enough of a float down to Barbados.

In my experience those bloomers have had their fair share of stormy winds too, so we should be OK even if there is a tropical weather event!

2 Likes