šŸ‡ŗšŸ‡¦ The War/Invasion in/of Ukraine

Police response:

How exactly is this better than what youā€™ve seen recently in St Petersburg?

Putinā€™s Russia is described as authoritarian and I donā€™t necessarily disagree, but I also struggle to see how the UK is much better in any way that really counts.

On occasions when protests are allowed to happen, nobody in power takes a blind bit of interest and things are pushed through regardless (see Iraq, tuition fees etc.). You could argue that Russian authorities just cut out the bullshit of pretense.

Officially I can express my opinions in public, in practice I darenā€™t in case I am dragged through the courts at great expense or arrested. With being a couple of paydays away from getting my family home repossessed how bad do things need to get for me to risk it? I am enslaved by my mortgage.

Did Putin force people to remain in their houses during the pandemic like Boris did?

Do I feel like I live in such a tolerant society that I can tell my employer that I disagree with their decision to sanction Russia without fear of personal repercussions?

If things are so tolerant here why do I feel the need to hide my Russian heritage in many situations?

Officially I can express my views publicly on the military, Assange, Ukraine, the monarchy etc. but in practice itā€™s not really possible because of the condemnation it draws fuelled by media indoctrination with the media platforms universally omitting dissenting voices.

Officially I can express my political will during elections but in practice I get a choice of two absolute cunts.

3 Likes

Itā€™s 15 years better Iā€™d guess.

If youā€™re a Putin fan and of Russian heritage youā€™re going to be viewed as unpopular but many Russians living here despise the man and think he is a waxy little cunt, hence why they moved out of Russia.

Does he need to be both of those things or will either do?

1 Like

There is a distinct lack of beatings and electrocuting happening in that clip

That said three coppers to administer a bollocking seems a little ott- but then again there is probably an SOP about minimum number of coppers required just in case they get someone who fancies their chances

Well I very much doubt this guy would get 15 years in Russia either. The question is are you willing to glue yourself to the M25 or occupy Elbit systems or whatever in this country? Iā€™m fucking not. I donā€™t need the threat of a 15 year jail sentence to make me step in to line. So ultimately what difference does it really make. What extra freedom are you or i really exercising compared to a Russian?

Itā€™s hardly surprising that people who moved away from Russia think heā€™s a cunt. My grandad thought Putin was great and yearned for the return of the Soviet Union and heā€™s the same as a large number of Russians. Nevertheless Iā€™m not a Putin fan, but neither do I think heā€™s any more crazed and deranged than the other leaders of the ā€œfree worldā€.

Iā€™ve seen a lot more beatings handed out by police in the UK than I have seen beatings by Russian police. Not saying it doesnā€™t happen in higher numbers over there but whatā€™s the basis of your judgement? I would guess that itā€™s your perception based on flimsy evidence and fantasy.

Wouldnā€™t know, I am a speak as you find kind of person.

No the police if youā€™re special book a flight and poison you, or if youā€™re on a plane your puppet mate can bring down a flight, should I mention bringing down flights?

The official investigation never felt confident enough to apportion blame in the downing of MH17. Why are you?

Ah, but heā€™s not our sort of ā€œcrazed and derangedā€ leader

:wink:

1 Like

As much of a twat Johnson is I havenā€™t seen us roll into Calais, Nova Scotia or Florida and demand they come back under our sphere of influence saying heā€™d resort to nuclear weapons.
Putin is a relic, a dinosaur, heā€™s more fucked up than Russia.

Pap Iā€™d check the news if I were you.

Hmm. Timing, eh?

Nevertheless Iā€™d love to see the court case. According to the Oliver Stone documentary there was evidence that the Russians were not allowed to submit.

1 Like

I havenā€™t a clue what you mean by ā€œwaxyā€ btw so I can only assume you are making some comment on Putinā€™s appearance. Given that Putin looks pretty much like a typical Russian, I assume that your slur is against all Russians. Which is nice.

1 Like

So youā€™re saying Putin looks like all Russians? Iā€™d say that is a bit much, he is waxy, he looks waxy and he is a little man, and he is a cunt.

Mods.
The last day or so this thread has again stopped being about the events in Ukraine and are back to name calling about Russia.
Either move them or just close the whole fucking thing

Yes that even handed documentary that all, Stone thought heā€™d use Putin to get one over on the US, that fucked up didnā€™t it.

I agree.

Hereā€™s the latest from the BBC.

Still no idea what you mean by waxy. What is it about him that you think looks waxy?

Mods, canā€™t you just combine it back in to the Russian thread? Will save time later.