⚽ The Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

It’s a question of wholesale changes over stability I guess.

Come back to me at the beginning of November and I’ll give you my feelings then (bookmark this post!!)

1 Like

Done.

1 Like

For what it is worth, we apparently wanted Felipe Anderson who West Ham signed. I’ve never seen him play though. Similarly the Diop centre back sounds decent.

But I guess it isn’t so much about the names, it is about how much (perceived) improvement those clubs have done. I’d be absolutely shocked if West Ham aren’t much improved under Pellegrini and those transfer moves. Where as we sold last season’s joint top scorer and assist maker to (partly) facilitate our own transfer dealings. Has our starting eleven been improved so far? Yes arguably by Vestergaard and Armstrong but so far it looks as though Elyonoussi won’t be ready to start yet and the other signing was a back up keeper. There are still considerable weaknesses, not in terms of numbers but in terms of quality.

Not sure if second season syndrome will hit Huddersfield and Brighton.

We have so much experience with selling good players that we seem completely on the back foot when it comes to trying to deal with a raft of undesirables that nobody wants. The Forster situation is almost tragic isn’t it.

3 Likes

45-50 goals will more than likely see us finish comfortably mid-upper table.
Can anyone see where 45 goals will come from?

Nope :sob:

Well we scored 37 last year so only need to find 10 more, if we could ship 10 less that would make a bigger difference I reckon. If Chazza can play more than 600 minutes this season I think he could get 10-12 goals.

Keep the faith everyone.

Although having said all that Bazza hasn’t predicted we will be relegated yet, that does have me slightly worried :lou_surprised:

4 Likes

BIG fucking ‘IF’ that @gavstar! ha ha

1 Like

What can I say I’m an eternal optimist :lou_wink_2:

1 Like

Ok, I’ll give it a go and no doubt curse us for the season:
Austin 12
Gabbiadini 6
Long 3
Elyounoussi 4
Armstrong 4
JWP 2
Davis 1
Lemina 2
Redmond 3
Yoshida 2
Bertrand 2
Stephens 2
Vestergaard 1
Romeu 1

2 Likes

No bother. Top 10.

2 Likes

Don’t forget Mr OG, add another 2 goals to that tally and we’re breaking into top 8 territory :lou_lol:

1 Like

I’m not putting any pressure on the lad but this is how mine worked out.

Armstrong 43
Long 1

I’m not sure which of those two predictions is less likely to happen, TBF.

4 Likes

That is a huge amount of pressure to put on Shane with only a few days before the season starts, he doesn’t need that right now.

7 Likes

What about the 2 strikers that we sign in the January transfer window?

Fuck that, I want to see us score 38 goals and conceded none.

Even scoring 38 might be a bit of a strain though!

Well the last January Striker we signed did well didn’t he…

1 Like

I’d like to think Gabbiadini will score more than he did last season.

3 for Redmond and Long? Shouldn’t that prediction be on the ‘Legalise it?’ thread? :wink:

6 Likes

If gabbi is played regularly and we play to his strengths then I’m sure he’ll score plenty.

6 Likes

Bye Fraser, seni oraya götürmemi ister misin?

1 Like