⚽ The Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

Mange tout, Rodders

6 Likes

I hadn’t appreciated this to be honest.

Perhaps it explains our aggressive dealings early in the transfer widow?

He could have done a job for us I reckon… not a ‘Saints signing’ though. On the basis you’ve all heard of him!

http://www.skysports.com/share/11447900

Daft as Bats

The Watford fans think Santa, the easter bunny and the tooth fairy have all come early.

1 Like

It really is crazy isn’t it? Watford paid 11 million for Richarlison less than a year ago, he scored 5 goals in 45 games. Now Everton have paid 50 million with add ons. Are they mad? Is Silva still working for Watford?

2 Likes
1 Like

I THINK someone else put the 5 in 45 into greater context. I THINK he scored something like 5 goals in 10 games and then got nothing else for the rest of the season.

EDIT: It was @gavstar

Everton have a track record over the past few years of over paying for players.
Richarlson is good and I’m sure he’ll be better this season with an extra year and experience of our league under his belt. He is not, however, worth £50m.
They spent something like £35m on Bolaise, which is madness for someone who blows hot and cold like he does.

Another one out the door… on loan.

1 Like

BREAKING NEWS

Sky Sources in Spain are telling us that Everton have stepped up their efforts to secure the double signing of Barcelona defenders Lucas Digne and Yerry Mina.

Digne has travelled to the USA with the Spanish giants while Mina is still on a break after World Cup duty with Colombia.

Everton are in the market for a left-back and centre-half.

If I’m not mistaken, wasn’t he the guy we apparently tried to sign after selling Fonte and losing VVD to injury? But his club upped the fee or something. Presumably we continued to follow him and were uninterested because £3m is chump change in this day and age. Especially for a defender who played in the World Cup.

BREAKING NEWS

Newcastle have activated the £3m release clause of Deportivo La Coruna defender Fabian Schar.

We understand Swiss international is due on Tyneside for a medical later today.

Newcastle are looking to replace Chancel Mbemba, who they sold to Porto for £7m last week.

They did fucking well to get 7m for Mbemba.

£27 million on Davy Klaassen too wasn’t it?
edit: silly me it was a mere 23.6 million.

Dont forget Michael Keane for £26m

If Everton sign any more wingers (as rumoured) we may get Walcott after all. Cap in hand.

This probably deserves its own thread but here you go…

Brighton have signed Iran winger Alireza Jahanbakhsh from Dutch club AZ Alkmaar for an undisclosed club record fee (reported to be £17m)

I’ve never heard of him. Probably saw him in the world cup but cant remember. £17m doesnt get a lot nowadays, does it? I’d like to see how many Championship players have been bought by Premier clubs and what sort of prices.

Yep, definitely need some more goalkeepers…

1 Like

I heard from bloke who knows someone who is ITK that next season we’re going to play 10 keepers with a lone striker up front.

Why else would we be offloading / loaning so many players?

3 Likes