⚽ The Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

Muy bien or whatever

I’m sure I read that Liverpool had told Ings they would not put a prohibitively large price tag on his head.

£20m (if true) is exactly that, isn’t it?

EDIT: Here’s an article, but I believe it was put even more strongly in the one I read.

There will be suitors from Premier League clubs this time round too but, intriguingly, interest also from abroad. Internazionale are believed to be monitoring his situation, while a trio of Bundlesiga clubs – RB Leipzig, Schalke and Bayer Leverkusen – could also formalise their pursuit of his services. Ings will depart reluctantly, but retains ambitions to prove himself at the highest level and a desire to regain a place in the England setup. It is a sign of the strength of the relationship between player and manager that Liverpool are unlikely to price him out of a move away.

£20m is clearly ludicrous. I wouldn’t be happy even paying £8m for him. He’s fucked and not what we need. There’s got to be better. I’d rather take kodja from villa.

Yeah, see I WOULD take a punt for £8m but not for £20m.

Perhaps £20m is the new £8m?

I believe Ings was said to be ‘rated’ at £20m. That is a world away from anyone actually offering £20m.

I agree. He isn’t big, he isn’t especially quick and not hugely more mobile than Austin. He is another fox in the box type like Austin and Gabbiadini.

I don’t really see the point. :man_shrugging:

Word is probably £10m with appearance & other add ons

Less than a Shlong then. Bargain.

1 Like

My sense is that he’s plenty more mobile than Austin, but perhaps doesn’t have the physical presence of Austin.

Well there lies the issue… WTF is he? What does he offer relative to how we want to play.

I guess it all depends on how Hughes wants us to play. It’s hard to gauge on the basis that he did what needed to be done to keep us up. Not necessarily what he wants to do long term.

Anybody who says they think this is a great (potential) signing is lying because he hasn’t played regular premier league football…ever.

Absolutely fair comment.

As I said above, a punt at £8m might give us something different.

As you say, whether that’s what we want is for the manager to say.

2 Likes

So Long.
And thanks for all the fish.
It’s been a hull of a time.

Brought to you by unsubstantiated rumours,con

1 Like

SRSLY?

OK we get the idea of Gabbi possibly moving on, but Lazio just pocketed 40mil from wet spam and think we would send him out on LOAN?

This really is an odd one and just won’t go away. You’d surely expect it to if there was no substance to it. Maybe having signed Vestergaard there is less need but still a desire. Meaning that Barcelona’s desperation to offload the player outweighs any perceived desperation on our part to sign him, giving us the upperhand in any negotiations over the fee.

Either way, our squad is looking rather inflated right now so I would expect to see some outgoings before anybody else comes in. You’d imagine a few youngsters will be off on loan in the next couple of weeks as well.

Still very few rumours surrounding Boufal, Forster etc. Clasie to Feyenoord is inevitable but will be dragged out due to the fee.

Ve vill stand by Karius, he is a very good goal keeper, nein