⚽ The Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

You’d take Shaqiri though, right?

Especially for 12m?

1 Like

yep.

3 Likes

Yeah I reckon. I can understand the decision and in fairness the squad and team needed to be freshened up. We have become predictable to play against so it wouldn’t hurt to change things up with some fresh blood.

This prospective new mush (not even going to bother trying to type his name) sounds very decent and dare I say it, seemingly represents a return to the ‘buy, keep for two years then sell to Liverpool for silly money’ policy. Or selling ourselves as the ‘showcase club’ for hungry and ambitious young players.

3 Likes

Mohamed Elyounoussi deal done according to a good Norwegian journo - £16m 5 year deal with the medical tomorrow :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Surely we can adapt this little beauty?:

1 Like

Will we all have to grow those little used-car salesman mustaches…I don’t like the look. :face_vomiting:

We need Leaders in the transfer window says MLT

A pre-cursor to us signing Ryan Shawcross, I’m certain of it. :expressionless:

1 Like

Maybe not Shawcross, but I wouldn’t mind us getting someone who will dole out a bit of a kicking.

I’m not a huge fan of it, but we are a bit nice at times, and can be a bit easy to play against. A bit of bite would do no harm, imo.

3 Likes

Can we ban the use of liverhampton? If you feel the need to be zany can’t you use scousehampton which at least scans.
Tadic gone and Boufal next I reckon.
@Polski_Filip you promised me Les was going. Now looking as though @Goatboy was right.

2 Likes

One question cellulite, where is Les at the moment?

Boufal reminds me of my Commodore 64 tapedeck. No-one told eleven year old me that TVs had giant fucking magnets in their speakers, and would magnetise your tape heads out of alignment.

My tape deck sat next to my TV for months.

Games stopped loading properly. My mate Jimmy’s dad gave me an Azimuth utility and a watch screwdriver. You could recalibrate the tape deck with both.

It was never the same again. Most stuff loaded okay, but there were some games that almost never did. And of course, they quickly became the games I wanted to play most, precisely because I could play them the least.

Still, I’d put them on time after time, experiencing a massive load failure rate, probably north of 90%, but occasionally, just occasionally, it’d all work, and it would be wonderful.

And that’s Boufal, that is.

7 Likes

Still in position according to the club @Polski_Filip

Aye, but where is he? In his garden on leave (here’s hoping)?

That would be all well and good but the pyre I have set is tinder dry and may combust in this heat.

3 Likes

So basically Boufal is worth persevering with if you look at it through the eyes of an eleven year old wazzock

3 Likes

Or he is in Russia with his soon to be new employers.
Allegedly.
Not saying it is definitely certainly positively however, anyone notice the lack of someone sitting next to McArthy & Armstrong in their signing photos?

Yes, that thought had occurred to me.

Not really. Never looked back after getting the Amiga.

2 Likes

FORSTER FACING EXIT?

Sky Sports News understands Southampton are prepared to listen to offers for goalkeeper Fraser Forster this summer.

The former England international, who signed a five-year contract last summer, endured a difficult season and has not played for the club since Boxing Day.

His team-mate Alex McCarthy signed a new contract at St Mary’s yesterday and Hughes is planning for life without Forster.
But Southampton are seeking competition for McCarthy, and have turned their attention to Manchester City goalkeeper Angus Gunn, who spent last season on loan with Norwich in the Championship.

Sounds like we are touting him out to rustle up some interest.

1 Like