⚽ The Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

1 Like

You really should be watching the Germany game …

There is a Alex McCarthy signs thread you know :slight_smile:

No I didn’t know. I would have to leave THIS thread in order to know that! ha

5 Likes

Clasie wants to go home

Hasn’t featured much. Should we be worried that our players think the Eredivisie is a better career option than us?

Good, I’d like him to go as well. The only slight concern is that he’s only willing to move to feyenord. Talk about putting all your eggs in one basket. Just take any club and be grateful.

1 Like

No.
HTH

What? It is a better option for him because he’s not good enough for the premier league and he won’t play… hence being fucked off to Belgium for the last year.

I reckon Feyenoord must have expressed an interest in taking him back, otherwise that is quite desperate talk.

Expect us to take what we can for him and move on.

2 Likes

I’m not super bothered that either are going.

I would have been super bothered at losing the Tadic we had running riot in Koeman’s first season. He made the grade, even if he couldn’t keep it up.

Compare Koeman Tadic to Puel Tadic or worse, Pellegrino Tadic, and you might be forgiven for thinking he hasn’t been properly motivated.

Ironically though, Hughes Tadic was well worth keeping…

1 Like

Alanis Morissette is going straight to Oxford Dictionary Hell.

Thanks to her, and several stand-up comedians, and ten years of re-reading the dictionary, I think I finally get irony.

It’s like rain on your wedding day, isn’t it?

Alanis has a lot to answer for :wink:

Bumped to the top as @Fowllyd clearly missed your post.

I’m sure he’ll have words about the lazy spelling @OzSaintDave.

Shame he can’t publicly downvote in the new world- you’ll have to settle for him flagging your post and @BTripz moderating you to hell and back…

:lou_lol:

2 Likes

Wasn’t the concern when he signed that that he was a bit of a lightweight for the EPL?

Or you.could follow the funning tu-funning-torial in the sticky post at the top of the funning main page.

:lou_angry:

Responding to the football matters in your post, yep, Tadic improved under Hughes. Nearly everybody did.

For him though, it’s gotta be a no-brainer. He gets to play European Football, a new start, and I daresay he’ll get a few more victories under his belt in the Eredivisie with Ajax than he does in the Premier League with us.

I would also be entirely unsurprised if after last season, we weren’t seeking to introduce serious competition for his place anyway. Perhaps he got wind of that and factored it into his decision.

Perhaps Hughes has some former players that perform similar jobs in mind.

Perhaps when they crunched Tadic’ stats they confirmed his decline and have decided to cash in?

4 Likes

My worry is we ship out creative players and replace with Stokesque journeymenfuckers…

1 Like

Our ‘creatives’ may have struggled last year… but fucking hell it was better than stoke - even when they finished higher…