The Sotonians Transfers Thread

Of course. After all with a Polish wife I was way ahead of the curve on this one… What do I win?

(One advantage of time zones I guess, I get to read the papers online while you lot are still comatoze on a cocktail of Goatboys’ Prescription meds)

Phil, you win nothing. Compared to most Brits that have to contend with piss and wind everyday, you’ve already won.

Back on transfers, looks like Newcastle are closing in Charlie Austin. It’s his preferred choice, according to unnamed sources in this article.

There are a few rumours doing the rounds that Bologna are interested in re-signing Gaston Ramirez. for a third of the price. Nothing close to an actual attributed source yet, so rumours are all they are. Would be good to get the bugger off the wage bill though.

Getting a third of Ramierz’s price back would be a great deal. I don’t believe we will get as much as that.

Aston Villa have signed Micah Richards on a free. Wouldn’t have minded him being here. They’re paying him 65k a week and he is meant to have turned down Sunderland despite an offer of 90k/week from them.

1 Like

The Manchester Evening News reckon that Man United have identified Schneiderlin as their prime defensive midfield target.

I think that’s that, then. There have been a few stories in the press about how the good relationship between the two clubs is going to help in any deals. United have also got a habit of spending big to get the man they want. It’s a match in transfer market heaven; everyone’s a winner, as long as we get a decent replacement.

Not strictly Saints related, but did anyone else see Liverpool value Raheem Sterling at £50m?

I think they’re operating from the Southampton pricebook! With Juve apparently ready to let Pogba go for £58m, that is a crazy figure, English or not.

United’s interest in Kane won’t seem to quiten down. Have to admit it, I’d love it if he went there. Just to see Spuds cry about it.

I really dislike that club.

2 Likes

Arsenal charged by the FA for breaching agents regs. over Calum Chambers transfer.

Reckon it goes on all the time. This plum (Chambers’ agent) looks like he has been overt enough to get caught. Few too many scoops and some loud words in the wrong company? :slight_smile:

I heard it was Arsenal that raised the complaint, they’re hoping the FA will cancel the transfer.

1 Like

What is it they are supposed to have done?

Deluded Brendan@ DeludedBrendan 10m10 minutes ago

Nice to see Memphis Depay arrive at Manchester United. I hope he has no hard feelings about me rejecting him for James Milner.

1 Like

Not a bad article on our potential transfer targets.

Oh better just put this one out there.

IF Arsenil sign Cech, THEN we will get Szcercezczznzcy or whatever on a season long loan.

There. I made a prophecy.

Originally posted by @Dubai_Phil

There. I made a prophecy.

Good boy!!! Now, next time, let’s see if you do a prophecy in the potty like a big boy! :wink:

2 Likes

OK what you shouldda done there is to dig out the “Look Mum I did a poopey pic” from the PTS thread on the other side.

Lol at Utd 40mil + for Kane, we couldda had him for a crocked JRod last summer!

Strange that Wenger apparantly wont shell out £25k for Morgan but was happy to stump us £16m for Chambers?

Originally posted by @Dubai_Phil

OK what you shouldda done there is to dig out the “Look Mum I did a poopey pic” from the PTS thread on the other side.

Lol at Utd 40mil + for Kane, we couldda had him for a crocked JRod last summer!

got a little tip-off bout this from one of my important + high-level ITK contacts

Anyone know what a Juanmi is?

Arf. MLG runs his Twitter like a celeb. Only follows a couple of hundred. Has 2002 followers. Well, 2001 now. #nofollowback is annoying.