šŸ“š The Sotonians Lockdown & Beyond Diaries

Tearful afternoon.

Had to get a tyre changed at ATS in Eastleigh and as not allowed in their office to wait, I went and sat outside Steamtown. The scene of an epic quiz win.

Despite pressing my nose up against the window and wimpering, no-one came and offered me any beer.

Cunts!

9 Likes

You would be our Leeroy Jenkins, Bazza. I am sure of it.

1 Like

I seem to be the Theresa May of minor viruses.

Nothing has changed.

Still working. Admittedly itā€™s only taking half the time to get there, so one small bonus.
Even went to look at some more lime work yesterday.

Iā€™m going to be the only that doesnā€™t swap my civil liberties for a holiday, but will still lose themā˜¹ļø

Anyone know the best depth to bury a body so animals donā€™t get it? Asking for a friendā€¦and totally unrelated Mr Tigger is still at home, all day every day

10 Likes

Was the wonderful thing about tigger that there was just one? :smiley:

I may not be certain, but wasnt there some internet forum with a white van man poster somewhere?

We know someone with a white van and plenty of chemicals, Devon may be a bit far to go thoughā€¦

Just got my ā€œcritical workerā€ letter to carry with me if I get stopped whilst going to work. It is only a 3 min walk to work but possibility of being asked to cover some visits.

3 Likes

If you have to bury it I would say at least 2-3 feet. I recommend burying it on someone elseā€™s property and laundering clothes/shoes afterwards.
Obviously if you have access to some pigs then this would be the preferred method of disposal. Just make sure you collect and disperse the undigested teeth after nature has taken its porcine course.
If all of this is beyond your capabilities at the moment you could always surreptitiously leave the corpse on public transport. Just check for cameras first and use a route well away from your home.

5 Likes

Day whatever of lockdown.
Starting to get a bit pissed off with work.

1 Like

I am a little concerned about the amount of thought you have put in to this, almost as if you have previously considered this

9 Likes

Not so much consideredā€¦

6 Likes

More like vast practical experienceā€¦

3 Likes

6C warmer than the sunny but FVCK THAT weather of the past week so bit more goodlife work.
Weeded the roots around the Gooseberries & fertilised them.

Got the matting down around the Raspberries
Planted the Red & White plus Yellow & Blue Pansies and other flowery things.

Building anti-rat baskets for the Bulbs that will go in tomorrow.
Came in for some Tesco finest thick cut smoked back bacon rolls and the kids dumped themselves on me for 30 minutes or was it 30 days?
They thought playing hide & seek in our 2 rooms was THE best thing ever.
Sneaky kids too. They know Incle likes fresh Orange & Grapefruit juice, so without telling Mum why they asked to make some with the Juice Machine and promptly brought it down to me (to Moms shock!
Cat had a nervous breakdown, torn between jumping out the window to face the Alsation or cowering inside the 50 year old (temporary solution) Sofa bed we have in the lounge.
She was last seen heading to the airport with her pet passportā€¦

The Bacon & Fresh Laid egg rolls were epic. HP Sauce of course.

The BIG News is that we discovered a bag of old now dried killer Red Chillies in the back of the Veggie drawer in the fridge. The seeds have been extracted & are already in a seed tray & incubating!

Chilli updates will follow!!

Business as usual then?

Weirdly had been in a generally good place re work.
I logged off after getting a snotty email from one of the business support (hahahaha) after sending a perfectly reasonable email to her to rectify something. She has ccā€™d her reply to my manager and herā€™s. So see how that goes.

Onto lock down dairies. Iā€™ve enjoyed timstwitterlisteningparty from Tim Burgess on twitter the last two nights. Yesterday was Parklife with Blurā€™s Dave Rowntree and tonight is Going Blank Again with Andy Bell from Ride. Three of my favourite bands from my youth.

Making me smile at least.

1 Like

oh and a mate has now tested positive for Covid-19. So that sucks quite a bit. She is on her own in her flat about 30 mins walk from here. She has continued to work from home all that time as relatively mild symptoms but said she started to feel rough today. She works for the NHS but not front line.

I hope she gets through.
Iā€™m thinking in the new world & fastest out of lockdown will be ā€œThe Recoveredā€

Might be a business opportunity for ā€œRecoveredā€ Certification.

1 Like

A former colleagueā€™s dad died from it at 5am this morning.

2 Likes