📚 The Sotonians Lockdown & Beyond Diaries

The car has just passed its MOT after failing the first time. We would not have been covered by the new ruling because it was due before March 30th.

No , we are NOT resurrecting the old saints transfer window saga house threads… i have to much work to do.

I should warn you, that title is open to misinterpretation. The book may not be what you’re expecting.

Then again, it might.

1 Like

I will rot in Hell…
English lesson time with Nephew & Niece.
They are improving, the 3 year old has nailed Tomato, Potato & Cheese & most of the Animals.
Then came the spark of evil genius.

Yep I pulled out my top Trump.
Baby Shark in English…
They are hooked.

1 Like

Perhaps for once a Social Media fake news post could help?

4 Likes
5 Likes

Pilfered from my own Facebook. Self-theft, if you will.

The missus hasn’t even started working from home yet and she’s already doing my noodle in.

Today, she’s had me as her own personal IT department for the past couple of hours, and not the sort of IT I like (cable monkey, basically).

Tomorrow, she will be fielding business domain and technical queries and I will not be able to feign ignorance; I used to run those systems. Like four months ago.

Fuck you coronavirus. I’ve had some debilitating diseases before but never something this annoying, and to the best of my knowledge, I haven’t even caught you yet.

Today, whilst WFH, I was tasked with getting the shopping out of the car and packing it away whilst Mrs BTripz basked in the sun as she was knackered from shopping.

To cap it all off the freezer in the garage needed defrosting so all the frozen gear would get in, guess who had to do that??

1 Like

All of the jobs that I have successfully outsourced over the last 20 years are coming back at me with a vengeance. Gardener and cleaner self isolating and the dishwasher has just started making some funny noises.

Ayatollah keeps looking at the grass and tutting. Just fuck the fuck off covid.

3 Likes

CB struggling to cope with COVID-19 :wink:

Unknown-5

3 Likes

TBH we’ve had to close the East Wing of Slowlane Mansions because of Brexit…and now this. :lou_facepalm_2:

4 Likes

I’ve just spent two hours defrosting the fridge.

Or as she calls it, “foreplay.”

6 Likes

I am seriously considering re-activating my World of Warcraft account, just to get out of the house.

Who’s with me?

Certainly not…I’m shocked you should take such a Cavalier approach to this emergency. :lou_facepalm_2:

To be fair, I don’t think the virus has hit Azeroth.

Besides, I’d love to see who emerges as our Leeroy Jenkins.

2 Likes

What did I just watch?

A COVID-19 COBRA meeting followed by Boris firing from the hip?

I like Leroy - we’d get on.

It’s a bit of WoW lore from back when the game was huge. A bit fabricated, but I understand it’s based on something similar that actually happened.

They’re about to do a World of Warcraft raid, a thing that I think you can only do on a time limited basis.

It’s utterly fabricated because no raid team would have done what they did. They’d have just let the stupid prick die and got a healer to resurrect him once they’d cleared the area near his grave.

:+1:

I just read that all in a Partridge accent.

LOL.

1 Like

I also planted some chilies seeds whether they’ll work is another thing. I don’t like chili either.

Went to work…did first team call. It doesn’t work when another person in team is sat near you! It was excruciating really.
Took a few more calls. Still none were proper child protection.
Went to the small Tesco after work. Bought some bread! Still no loo roll (though don’t need it. Wine shelves now low. Unless you want an £18 bottle.
Oh and my sister got back to the UK ok!
Ordering a takeaway as nothing else to do really.

Still one of the best bits of gaming ever.