šŸ“š The Sotonians Lockdown & Beyond Diaries

Thatā€™s got you out of Flooded Kitchengate, then? :thinking: :+1:

1 Like

What,wanker?

2 Likes

B4

After

Not TOO shabby for her 1st attempt. I think the "well, if you fvck it up itā€™s no bother to me, I just dont use a Mirror until this is over. But youā€™ll be stuck looking at it 24x7 worked!

2 Likes

Itā€™s a good job you donā€™t have too much to trim :wink:

2 Likes

4 Likes

Having a wee break from the working day. The last couple of days have been very pleasant. With no issues on the horizon, weā€™ve been able to concentrate on development.

Specifically, I have been concentrating on training my #2 to deliver production quality C# code.

In Plain English, does that mean heā€™s making your coffee?

3 Likes

No, it means she is going to be able to do all of my work in the future.

Which means weā€™ll both be able to take holidays.

cleaning

7 Likes

In the office today. Covering a colleague. It was much busier plus everyone who worked at home had internet issues so couldnā€™t do anything all afternoon. So that was particularly galling.

We now have a walk after work followed by alcohol. Iā€™d like to go direct alcohol.

On the nice side my manager puts on bespoke playlists for each worker who is in and the admin lad said he prefers when I am in as its decent music. Iā€™ll take that.
Turns out he likes quite a lot of old indie stuff and was at Glastonbury the other yeah. He also knows something well and used to work in a few pubs. The world is small.

2 Likes

I bypassed both walk and alcohol and went for crawling into bed.
When I work in the office thatā€™s what happens now.

1 Like

So just walked downstairs to the missus who announces ā€œunder no circumstances are you to have music on today. Itā€™s your youngestā€™s only day offā€.

This is bollocks. Sheā€™s just been up an hour and had already been used to issuing commands.

I told her to fuck off, and ā€œconcentrate on ordering your fucking engineers aboutā€.

And there will definitely be music today, no matter what the circumstances.

Iā€™ll make sure itā€™s stuff she donā€™t like as well :smiley:

1 Like

Good lad :+1: you donā€™t need to put up with taking orders from the mrs. I endured that from my own personal power-crazed harridan for over 30 years, binned her off last year and wonder every day why I left it so long.

3 Likes

I should imagine that the divorce rate is going to rocket during this periodā€¦Iā€™m close to the edge myselfā€¦

3 Likes

When you say ā€œduring this periodā€ ā€¦:thinking::thinking:?

2 Likes

They have invented quite good headphones you know. Give them a break.

Working at home today. Stress levels a bit lower.
Also get to keep an eye on the lad who is quite likely drug dealing. Itā€™s good to see 2 days later he has a mask on. Safety is everything.

1 Like

Heā€™s probably an entrepreneur shifting a K of black market paracetamol.

2 Likes

So an ex colleague of mineā€™s wife has passed away and we are hearing that several social workers have passed away in London. Because of lack of PPE social workers are carrying out visits to high risk families with nothing. Unless they can get their own PPE. Starting to feel a little close to home.
Oh and I have to tell my parents off today for not really adhering to measures later as apparently Iā€™m the more credible daughter!

5 Likes

Iā€™m not bored.
How could I be?
I have 2 hour specials of the German Cop Show Kobra Special Forces with a Polish voice over to watch every dayā€¦