šŸ¦‡ The sci-fi, fantasy and capeshit thread

That I am @pap.

Iā€™m so far behind that I, well, letā€™s leave it at thatā€¦

Daredevil S3 has dropped. It does show up the difference in quality between the acting of Charlie Cox (Daredevil) and Iron Fist.
Recovering from a deep and dark place. Enjoying the depth that wasnā€™t there in Iron Fist 1 or 2

Itā€™s a shame I probably wonā€™t watch it, loved the first 2 series of daredevil but really canā€™t be arsed to watch all the other series it links in to.

Yeah if you donā€™t watch Defenders which does diverge more to Iron Fist than Daredevil then first couple of episodes lose some depth.
Watch The Angel instead just a history lesson reviewed on movie thread

Luke Cage and Iron Fist both cancelled.

Would not be surprised to see them both in a new show together. They spent much of their comic book time together.

1 Like

The shows do have a shelf life. Iā€™m really enjoying Daredevil 3 but getting to the point where Iā€™m waiting for Fisk to put his little finger in his mouth and go Mwah.
A fantastic portrayal of an evil genius but how many stories can be written around angst?

Itā€™s a shame though. I was looking forward to watching Jessica Henwick fisting a few extrasā€¦

Trailer for the remake of Suspiria, Thom Yorke is doing the soundtrack. If youā€™re a fan of horror movies, ā€œSuspiriaā€ is the ā€œCitizen Kaneā€ of the genre.

Who has watched the first episodes of the latest incarnation of Dr Who?

She couldnt park the Tardis,
Lost it,
Restyled it,
Was afraid of spiders,
Gave us a history lesson,

There were no Daleks.

I havenā€™t watched it recently to be honest, but I struggle to see how the Daleks can be a major foe? Or scary.

Mrs C_S and Teenage Mutant have been watching it and seem to like it.

I havenā€™t watched it since Christopher Eccles Cake was the Dr so Iā€™m a bit out of the loop tbf

Has to be said

Exterminate Exterminate

Yeah, so far weā€™ve had the Rosa Parkes episode, a bloke having a baby, a Trumpalike building on a toxic waste dump and next week we have an episode based around the partitioning of India.
Could the BBC get any more preachy?

A bloke having a baby that must have been yesterdays episode spoiler alert not seen it yet?

oops. sorry.

1 Like

Just caught up and finished season 2 of Mr Robot, I am now utterly and totally confused!

I think falling asleep during several episodes and then having to go back and watch them again has really thrown me. I need to watch the whole lot from the start, again!!

Yeah. You bastard!

Watched it now

What a load of bollocks

Bring back the Dr

Some Daleks Cybermen even lizard women

Oops

Some viewers complained that the reason why they no longer wanted to watch the show is because it was too ā€˜PCā€™ for their liking, as one wrote on Twitter: ā€˜This show has become so PC ive actually stopped watching. And 99% of my friends and family have aswell. (sic)ā€™

Another said: ā€˜Well after years of watching #DoctorWho this new series has put the nail in the coffin for the time being. Capaldis last season was bad enough but this is now pure PC boring tripe nowadays. I honestly wish they cast Bradley Walsh as the doctor. Heā€™d have been great!ā€™

But others suggested that it was the seriesā€™ writing that was the problem as another user complained: ā€˜Just caught up on Dr Who episode 4. I love #JodieWhittaker as the Dr. I even like the 3 side kicks instead of one. I can just about stomach the constant PC agenda, but what i canā€™t stand is the lazy, dumbed down writing under #chibnall (sic)ā€™

1 Like