šŸ“‰ The sack race

Will be an interesting outcome - guess it will come down to whether the man who ran onto the pitch with Eva got treated in the same way as she did. If so then all Jose is guilty of is being a knob, if not, then time to get out the cheque book.

Having abused his own staff and demonstrated that he has little care for the health of his players - or perhaps that incident just proved that he encourages them to pretend they are injured, the special one is in a great place to negotiate hard on all matters!

If you ignore the fact that his latest special trick was piloting a ridiculously expensive squad to the edges of relegation.

Joseā€™s current formbook looks like Brendan Rodgers meets David Moyes - with a dash of Gary Neville and a hint of Steve McLaren.

2 Likes

Lots of people seem very occupied by Utd / Jose and not by the news yesterday and today about Ron. WTF you armchair fans?? :lou_angry:

Mwah. Les Reed going on video and saying everything is going positively?

He said that about Clyne just before Nate did the offs.

Positively terrible?

Sky Sports News HQ ā€@ SkySportsNewsHQ 1m1 minute ago

BREAKING NEWS: Sky Sources - Rafael Benitez agrees three-year deal to remain as Newcastle manager. More on # SSNHQ

1 Like

Where did I say I believed it? And you missed the Mirror report too? Not sure I believe either just yet but worthy of discussion ahead of fucking Utd

Massive news for Newcastle, huge respect for Rafa and no doubt they wouldnā€™t have gone down if they had appointed him earlier. Clearly had a huge impact on their game when he took over ( after the game with us obvs)

Is it just me or does Ā£2m/Ā£2.5m a year seem a bit stingy for a quality manager? (assuming the Mirror is correct of course).

And here is the Mirror article :-

Ronald Koeman is set to sign a new two-year contract at Southampton ā€“ after changing agents.

The Saints boss has dumped Guido Albers, who also represents fellow Everton managerial target Frank de Boer, and replaced him with Rob Jansen.

Jansen has been in talks with the St Maryā€™s board to hammer out a deal whileKoeman, 53 , is on holiday in Portugal.

The Dutchman is currently scheduled to become a free agent next summer and was stalling on an extension, sparking fears he may leave at the end of his deal .

But he is now ready to commit to staying on the South Coast, with his annual pay rising from Ā£2million to Ā£2.5m.

Koeman has been desperate for the club to show more ambition, by keeping hold of their best players after two successive summers of big-money exits and also signing world-class stars, before committing.

Didnā€™t miss it, but not really worth going by reports until things are signed and sealed.

Originally posted by @pap

Didnā€™t miss it, but not really worth going by reports until things are signed and sealed.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/32734628

TBF to Bucks nothing is signed, sealled and delivered on the Mourinho front but people are whacking themselves off over it and talking about it as if itā€™s a done deal.

2 Likes

Originally posted by @BTripz

And here is the Mirror article :-

Ronald Koeman is set to sign a new two-year contract at Southampton ā€“ after changing agents.

The Saints boss has dumped Guido Albers, who also represents fellow Everton managerial target Frank de Boer, and replaced him with Rob Jansen.

Jansen has been in talks with the St Maryā€™s board to hammer out a deal whileKoeman, 53 , is on holiday in Portugal.

The Dutchman is currently scheduled to become a free agent next summer and was stalling on an extension, sparking fears he may leave at the end of his deal .

But he is now ready to commit to staying on the South Coast, with his annual pay rising from Ā£2million to Ā£2.5m.

Koeman has been desperate for the club to show more ambition, by keeping hold of their best players after two successive summers of big-money exits and also signing world-class stars, before committing.

OK, so we are going to sign World Class Stars now are we?

Who else besides Zlatan then? Baleā€™s coming back? De Gea or FF? Shame Hummels moved already.

Big name signings always work out really well , canā€™t think of a single situation where that has backfired

4 Likes

Originally posted by @Dubai_Phil

OK, so we are going to sign World Class Stars now are we?

Who else besides Zlatan then? Baleā€™s coming back? De Gea or FF? Shame Hummels moved already.

Itā€™s the same report across all papers, from Alex Smith.

Doesnā€™t say where heā€™s getting his info from.

There is that French bloke at Utd who is actually quite good but does not play much (and has a quiet summer ahead) who might be available :lou_lol:

4 Likes

This for me, all about building a balanced squad. You start buying bigger names and the team gets a little unbalanced. Big names can cause morale to drop.

Keep building yes, but just try and keep what you got and add a few. Small steps!

we shouldnā€™t allow our morals to drop. Thatā€™s just my opinion though.

2 Likes

My morals possibly couldnā€™t get any lower :lou_lol:

2 Likes

The schadenfraude wet dream of seeing Poch rip up his contract Hulk style and rampage his way to Old Trafford is just that. A dream.

Mou has signed a contract to be United manager.

I also think itā€™s safe to say that if Bearā€™s mate had been nailing stuff on in Pontius Pilatesā€™ day, weā€™d have slightly different religious symbols.