šŸ“‰ The sack race

Let the Mourhino wankathon begin, already fed up of my twitter time line being all about himā€¦

1 Like

A ā€œsuperiorā€ cunt off to manage a club full of "superior " cunts - match made in heaven

Itā€™s begun

The BBC have nothing else but Mourinho on it.

And soon weā€™re going to have a #ZlatanLoveIn, time to become a technophobe methinks.

I wonder what bad news the government is going to sneak out today!!

Iā€™m kinda pleased heā€™s gone Utd.

Jose, Pep & Klopp in the same league should be entertaining I reckon. Plus, El Mancico will be wicked. Those two hate each other.

1 Like

Brian McDermott relieved of dutiesā€¦again

Heā€™s a glutton for punishment or an early pay-off. I wonder how much heā€™s taken them for in recent years.

Perhaps they should just change the name of the club to Narcissists United and be done with it!

Jaap Stam being mooted as his replacement!!

Remember once on the train back from watching Soton v Wednesday at the Dell, there were a load of Wednesday fans singing ā€œJaap Stam is a Wednesday fan, Jaap Stam is a Wednesday fanā€, in a world of bizarre chants I think that one won.

2 Likes

Jesus- the BBC Jose nosh off is in full swing. 12 different articles on the BBC football home page

1 Like

You should see Sky, my god. Saying that they have been like this since Sunday!

1 Like
1 Like

The Madman at Leeds United has done it again chairman Massimo Cellino has sacked Steve Evans after only 7 months in the position.

If I was a manager I would steer clear of that job. I know that they were sniffing around Darrell Clarke of Bristol Rovers. I hope he stays there after 2 promotions in 2 seasons, rather than chasing the carrot that is dangled, only to be out of a job by Christmas.

Yes I know it is a career and you have to try and better yourself, but wait for something else to come up!

1 Like

Thereā€™s still loads of noise about Koeman going to Everton in the local rag. Apparently, contract talks have stalled with us.

ORLY?

Not according to the Torygraph

Saints are bigger than Liverpool

Evertonā€™s interest in appointing Ronald Koeman was considered so unlikely to tempt the Southampton manager that key figures at the club cannot recall there even being a meeting about it. The polite answer being that they would not expect to lose a player to Everton, and certainly not their managerā€¦

It would be no surprise, in fact, if Koeman, with one year left on his deal, were to sign a new contract at Southampton over the next few months. The club are realistic enough to know he would not necessarily stay for the duration of any new deal but for now they feel their shrewd Dutch manager is happy with life and acknowledges the benefits of being at such a well-run club.

Mane:-

The kind of sum that might once have prised away a Southampton favourite, for instance the Ā£23 million it cost to sign Adam Lallana in 2014, or the Ā£25 million it cost Manchester United to buy Morgan Schneiderlin, is just not going to cut it, because life is changing fast at one of the Premier Leagueā€™s most upwardly-mobile clubs.

ManĆ© is not for sale. That is the first point response to any inquiry, although this is football, so the first answer is never the only answer. With two years left on his contract, ManĆ©, if he ever goes, will be Southamptonā€™s biggest ever sale, valued at up to Ā£40 million, eclipsing the Ā£31.5 million paid by United for Luke Shaw two years ago. With all respect to Liverpoolā€™s status, if they want Mane, they will have to get used to outbidding the likes of United, Arsenal and Bayern Munich.

I linked that article on the transfers thread so yep, a lot of conflicting information out there. Even with the sums on offer, I canā€™t see it being that attractive to him. Itā€™s the same job as heā€™d have here. attempting to make a club great, but from much shakier foundations.

While it does seem that Everton finally have a bit of money to throw about, weā€™ve all seen how a club can go from stable to precarious if a financier takes the hump.

I think if Koeman was Unemployed he would take Everton job over Southampton job, but I hope that under the present circumstances he will think it safer to cut a deal with Lesley & stick where he is. That is what I think.

What is interesting about the Toffee Ron stories is that they seem to emanate from the Dutch paper De Telegraaf.

You might have thought that they would have inside track.

That said, I canā€™t see it myself.

Perhaps Ronā€™s using ā€˜localā€™ media to allow us to see his worth in upcoming contract negotiations?

1 Like

Nick Ilingsworth has just published something on the Koeman noise.

1 Like