šŸ“‰ The sack race

RK will be here until the end of his contract. He has said he is under contact and will stick to it. I have a feeling we will be looking to extend for another 3 seasons and if he signs he will stay, depending on what else is in it. Like if the Barca or Dutch national job comes up, he can leaveā€¦

Now who do you think will be sacked next?

I find it really very odd what is happening at Man U as it is pretty much like the season Fergie was having at Man U back in the 80ā€™s in a relative way. Man U and Fergie were saved by an FA Cup Final win against of all teams Cystal Palace. The rest they say is history.

If there is one ounce of superstition at Manchester United, they will not sack LVG, at least until they start ā€˜failingā€™ next season.

For me I think it will be Alex Neil, as I think Pardew will be saved as well by the FA Cup run this season.

Not a sacking per se, but old Pochettino might be on his way out of Spurs.

A day after their Premier League title challenge seemingly ended with a disappointing draw at home to West Bromwich Albion,Tottenham Hotspur supporters were dealt a new blow on Tuesday night when manager Mauricio Pochettino again reiterated his desire to coach former side Paris Saint-Germain.

The Argentineā€™s feats in taking Spurs close to a first title in over half a century ā€“ they sit seven points behind leaders Leicester City with three matches remaining - have resulted in him being linked with Chelsea and Manchester United as well as the French club, where he spent two years as a player, and became captain, from 2001.

ā€œIā€™ve always said that I would be pleased to join a great club like PSG,ā€ Pochettino told French radio station RMC. ā€œCome to Paris? I hope so. It is true that it would please me. Itā€™s part of my dreams. I try to watch all their matches, especially in the Champions League.

That will upset the Spuds fans no end. :lou_lol:

Two phrases spring to mind.

ā€œBe careful what you wish forā€. Pochā€™s got undoubted ambition, but until he gets to a really big club, heā€™s always going to be looking for a really big club.

ā€œWhat goes around comes aroundā€

Ummm, wasnā€™T it the Rumbelows cup win against Forest that saved his job?

Originally posted by @BTripz

Ummm, wasnā€™T it the Rumbelows cup win against Forest that saved his job?

Think it was the FA Cup final against Palace, which went to a replay. Mark Robins scored the equaliser in the first game. The goal is sometimes credited with keeping Fergie his job.

Mark Robins
Then: Scorer of 'the goal that saved Fergieā€™ in 1990

I had no idea that goal against Nottingham Forest would become so important in the history of Manchester United. How could I at the time? Nobody knew it was a pivotal moment for Sir Alex Ferguson.

If the manager was under intense pressure at the time, we had no idea. If he was, he kept it away from the players. He hid it really well, there was no sign he was feeling any strain or that we were under any extra pressure going into the game. He protected us. He was a terrific manager and thank God we got through.

Martinez out, Howe in?

I think heā€™d be excellent for them. Heā€™s had problems settling up North before, but Liverpool is nowhere near as grim as Burnley.

So RK to Bournemouth then

Yep, they won the league Cup against Forest, but he was still going to get the sack, because of their league position, but winning the domestic double, saved his skin. Was talking to a Manc season ticket holder about it. All hinged on winning the FA Cup.

Fergie and Poch having lunch yesterday.

Obviously catching up on EastEnders.

1 Like

Hahahaha that will have the Spurs fans choking on their weetabix

Surely the manager of the team on the Sceptic isle will go when they get comprhensively stuffed by Plymouth?

There have been some choice comments on Twitter already.

Along the lines of why would you qualify for CL and then go for Europa League. (Because itā€™s United).

Another theory which involves Poch not moving is that Fergie is simply consulting him on the CL next year.

I _suppose _that _could _be true. Pochā€™s brought his assistant after all.

What other possible explanation could there be? :lou_sunglasses:

5 Likes

Nah, Poch would never before his contract was up. And also he is one of their own just like Harry Kane. Storm in a tea cup.

:lou_lol:

3 Likes

This is a reply from a Tottenham supporting mate at work :-

Sayeth the Deluded, Head in Sand, Fingers in Ear Supporter

Its a bit like suggesting Eddie Howe will go to Man U. Not gonna happen. When youā€™ve invested time and effort building something you donā€™t jump ship when youā€™re starting to reap the rewards of the hard work

Make a cuppa, get some biscuits in and enjoy ā€œSpurs fans in denialā€, back at White Hart Lane with a vengeance.

My view? This is nailed on. Fergie is desperate to keep Mourinho out, has spoken consistently highly about Pochettino since he arrived here and possibly sees him as the man to develop whatever youth prospects United have.

Their views? ā€œHe seems a loyal typeā€, ā€œproblems with broken promises at Southamptonā€ and/or ā€œCortese leavingā€. Brilliant stuff, boys and girls.

Give us a shout if you want to know how it ends.

1 Like

What odds can I get on the line

I would have stayed, I just couldnā€™t get assurances that the club would keep the playersā€¦

being wheeled out?

1 Like

Despite the noise in the press conference about a new contract, thereā€™s only a verbal agreement between Levy and Poch. Some of the Spurs fans are having kittens, as they should be. Itā€™s got all the ingredients to go tits up just when it looks like the stability they craved was going to be achieved.

I have zero fucking sympathy. Their club has continuously tried to recruit people in underhand ways. They should not be surprised or upset that some of the people they recruit using these means arenā€™t going to be brimming with loyalty.

7 Likes

Much as I have professed to being a fan of this Spurs team, I canā€™t say Iā€™d be overly upset at seeing it get picked apart.

2 Likes