📉 The sack race

I see Garry Monk is lined up to be the next managerial casualty at Leeds.

1 Like

In which he makes a good point. Koeman has far more to lose by going to Everton. Another season of 6th (or higher) with us and he’ll have his pick of a top club. If he goes to Everton and fucks it then that’s his chance gone. Given the money we’re reportedly offering and the squad available he’d have to be a bit of a twat to leave (which he doesn’t appear to be).

Translated.

Eeep! :lou_sunglasses:

Ronald Koeman is about to swap for Everton Southampton. The manager and his agent Rob Jansen on his way to Liverpool to complete the deal, so says Tim White, correspondent for the NIS in the UK on Twitter.
/
Koeman has a one-year contract at Southampton, which will have to be surrendered by Everton. That’s no problem for the Toffees, who billionaire Farhad Moshiri have a new club owner. Moshiri is very ambitious and Koeman thinks is the right man to give his project at Goodison Park form.
Last Monday, the Daily Mirror reported already that there is a contract with an annual salary of 7.8 million euros is ready for Koeman, who thus the best paid manager would be in the history of Everton. The coach will also receive a substantial transfer budget at his disposal. Everton ended last season as eleventh in the Premier League, Southampton sixth.
The upcoming appointment of Koeman at Goodison Park means that Frank de Boer a move to the Premier League (temporarily) forget. De Boer was also reportedly a candidate to take over the reins from the sacked Roberto MartĂ­nez Mashiri has always made clear that Koeman was the top of his wish list. The club owner seems to get his way.

Hmm one conflicting report follows another, same old story with SFC. Hope we end up on the right side of this one.

Originally posted by @pap

Translated.

Eeep! :lou_sunglasses:

Ronald Koeman is about to swap for Everton Southampton. The manager and his agent Rob Jansen on his way to Liverpool to complete the deal, so says Tim White, correspondent for the NIS in the UK on Twitter.
/
Koeman has a one-year contract at Southampton, which will have to be surrendered by Everton. That’s no problem for the Toffees, who billionaire Farhad Moshiri have a new club owner. Moshiri is very ambitious and Koeman thinks is the right man to give his project at Goodison Park form.
Last Monday, the Daily Mirror reported already that there is a contract with an annual salary of 7.8 million euros is ready for Koeman, who thus the best paid manager would be in the history of Everton. The coach will also receive a substantial transfer budget at his disposal. Everton ended last season as eleventh in the Premier League, Southampton sixth.
The upcoming appointment of Koeman at Goodison Park means that Frank de Boer a move to the Premier League (temporarily) forget. De Boer was also reportedly a candidate to take over the reins from the sacked Roberto MartĂ­nez Mashiri has always made clear that Koeman was the top of his wish list. The club owner seems to get his way.

http://www.voetbalzone.nl/doc.asp?uid=279569

That De Boer bloke, any good?

#WeMarchOn

Nothing on Sky Sports News yet, but I am always thinking he will be more likely to leave, the longer this goes on. I have no reasoning for this, but it does seem to happen. Reminds me of Poch all over again this!

Quick check all the airports and Costa coffee!

:lou_angry: I get the hump with this shit… because as much as the #wemarchon is decent enough cliched soundbite, this constant attitude of, ‘we only want those to stay who want to stay’ and seasonal rebuild is never going to produce long term success… I would like some honest response on ‘why dont these folk want to stay?’ and is the club even bothered to try and create the right circumstances for them to do so. I really dont give a shit how good the black box is if all we are doing is other clubs homework.

We also end up creating a reputation as a stepping stone… attracting those that will never really have any affinity wth the club, apart from as a shop window… Oh well, if this turns out to be true, I dont think it will just be about the money, but more about what guarrantees for progress and development the club are giving… it wont be more BS from the hockey coach, that’s for sure.

Staff leave because we are a minor club and they can go and earn more money and glory elsewhere. I really don’t see why that’s difficult to understand. Koeman talks of us as a stepping stone and I think Reed called us a showcase club. That’s the only way we will get good players…if they know that if they do well here then glory awaits them elsewhere. I see nothing wrong with that.

1 Like

I agree. If the mentality of the club changes, and we start paying above the odds and we then start risking the club finances to get to the next level, but the model we have clearly works. I feel the next level can only come and be sustained with a massive takeover at the level of the Man City and Chelsea’s of the world.

At the moment we are sensible and balance the books, as we have learnt the hard way, for nearly going out of business, to where we are today, using the same model. I would say it is the right way. Add a thophy and I would be happy as a pig!

1 Like

Les Reed said things were progressing constructively. Ralph said were continuously philosophically exchanging.

I will be miffed if this comes down to money. 6m a year is a lot, but compared to the sorts of sums lavished on players, not that much.

Yeah, but where do you draw the line. If we change our business model, then this could put the club at risk and there is no 100% certainties that it will improve us as a club. To do that you need major investment, not a few million. You start setting a president, then you do not know what floodgates and unbalance this will cause at the club?

There IS nothing difficult to understand.The logic may be sound, does not mean we need to like it. What ever happened to FFP? Where are Everton getting their ‘huge’ transfer budget ‘available to Koeman’ from?Thie commercial revenue is not more than 15-20mil more than ours and and our 6 places above them are worth 4mil anyway- hardly a ‘significant difference’ unless their billionnaire is playing the system… This has nothing to do with not ‘getting’ it, just all to do with thinking its just a heap of shite. Sport should be about development and progress through graft and innovation…

1 Like

Nope as this is no longer possible - and nor should Everton be able to take avantage of this…FFP… not worth the paper its written on…

Yes, but you can bet your life there is a way around this? Then the only other way would be to go to the next level as we are. Spend more money, raise our transfer budget and wages and hope out of all hope that we get to ‘the next level’, but as I said, we could end up lower and lose the great club spirit we have.

I do not have the answer to how we get, or even if we should get to the ‘next level’. As I said, win a cup end in top 6, not bad really, just winning that cup is the problem. I could go down the bigger ground, bigger players, bigger crowds, but this does no alway equal higher up the league… Look at Liverpool!

Also without sounding to negative. With or without Koeman and keeping the squad together or not. Even with huge investment, or a change to our business/budget plan, we will find it very hard to improve on this season.

I am looking forward to Europe and hopefully a good cup run, a final, with or without Koeman. If he stays I think we will have more chance of success, without him I feel some players may choose to leave or want to leave and this is my main concern. We have seen this only a couple of years ago!

Hopefully, all things crossed Koeman will stay, for at least another season.

1 Like

The problem is not with ‘being top 6, 7 or even 10’ - as most woudl agree for a club of our level(stage of development ?) that is very good. Its the slipping down and flirting with relegation again as we constantly try and rebuild every season, that is the shity bit…and you can bet that if we keep doing the same, this will happen. I will not and have never advocated that we try and spend our way to success. But its about using our budget in a way to maximise continuity…I just dont believe we are doing that as effectively as we coud be.

But there is nothing certain, all hearsay. :lou_wink_2: :lou_lol: Perhaps we should wait and see?

Ron’s on holiday FFS, why would he be travelling to scouseland?

He will then be in a TV studio somewhere in EU, Qatar, or Asia earning US$4000 a day as a pundit for the Euros in either English or Dutch.

In other news, Charlie Austin is in Dubai on his holidays with his wife. He is clearly signing for Al Wasl Club for a US$12 million fee. It’s all over Twitter FFS

(His holiday selfies that is)

I forgot he played for us!

These never end well. People say that there’s nothing concrete, wait and see but I can’t remember one for while when there was this much speculation and it didn’t end with somebody leaving

1 Like