🥃 The Rum Thread

Just read this thread for the first time. Makes my purchase of Sailor Jerry at the weekend look like an embarrassing travesty…

I obviously know fuck all about rum, pretty much like my knowledge of wine. :lou_sad:

3 Likes

This is OK unless you have an eye patch and wooden leg and make the sound’Arghhh’ frequently. If that was the case, then yes you would be a laughing stock amongst the Privateers and would no longer be welcome here;

1 Like

The Ayatollah has.proven yet again why she is an epic bird. She has just presented me with a rum advent calender.

roll on December :lou_lol:

3 Likes

Nice! I shall be expecting daily reviews!

Incidentally, the Ron Abuelo Panamanian 12 year old rum is lush in a corn n oil.

I may have had too many and ordered a new boston cocktail shaker, hawthorne strainer and muddler.

Ebay whilst tipsy: :lou_facepalm_2:

4 Likes

On the first day of Christmas…

Behind door 1 of the advent calendar is a Ron Zacapa Sistema Solera 23. A nice start.

2 Likes

Does he have a sister…aound 18?

Asking for a friend.

4 Likes

Ron Zacapa Sistema Solera 69

1 Like

Hardly recognised her without the beard. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Ron Jeremy actually has a Rum line now. It’s alright.

1 Like

Does it go down well? Or is it a stiff drink? Bet you feel well fucked after a few of those

Iiiiiiinnnnnnnn 2

Pirate Grog No 13

Slightly sweeter but still has a bit of a harsh alcohol burn

1 Like

Day 3 in the CB house

Rumbullion is the order of the day. A lovely little spic3d number. My favourite so far.

I remember being at aparty when about 15 or 16 ands raiding the hosts parents booze cabinet… all tehy had left was this… I am sure it wasresponsible for the later explosive regugitation

Like christmas in a bottle isn’t it! Lots of cloves and cinnamon.

This and captain morgans was my drink of choice when I was younger as that was the only dark rum in the pubs back then. It was only when I went to Cuba aged 20ish that I discovered other rum and then the navy rums were ditched.

We bought a bottle of Mount Gay Black Barrel recently. Too whisky like for my palate.

Today’s instalment is a Don Q Gran Anejo.

Has a hint of bourbon about this one.

Ok help needed please. In the Bucks drinks supplies, we have discovered a bottle of St Lucia Chairman’s Reserve rum:

http://www.ministryofrum.com/rumdetails.php?r=896

I cant remember the last time I had any rum at all. Mrs Bucks cant remember what she used to drink with this while on holiday (but it must have been good, prompting a bottle purchase). Suggestions please?

http://thefatrumpirate.com/chairmans-reserve

Here is a review of it

1 Like