The profanity filter, and how it will work

Jesus crap Fatso, what with the new weird quoting boxes?! Oh my god pap. What have you done! Just as I’m saying one positive thing this hits me over the head!

1 Like

Women!!! Oh my god have you seen the other thread with the blue up doll?! Good Lordy!

“Jesus crap” is not a phrase that is appropriate for a football forum. Please can we filter out all blasphemy or just give Lou a good guesting.

2 Likes

No but that’s the joy of the new system, Fats! I can still call anyone I like on here an unholy cuntfuckingprickface, but chapel Kate doesn’t have to view it if she doesn’t want to. Therefore win win. I can keep boys in check by swearing at them, and we get to have more women.

Blue up doll?

Sorry, you’ve lost me there Lou

:lou_lol:

will penis emojis be filtered too? this I would not tolerate :lou_angry:

Do you have a copy of that? as I am still offshore and could do with the material.

Shhh, Gavstar. No one will know that they are unless you point it out! To most sane people they look like a dude from the nineties with a middle parting and a bit of a bowl cut.

1 Like

I could do with some of these as well as I am still stuck offshore

@coxford_lou Are you pimping for some?

1 Like

This is EXACTLY why we need Chapel Kate.

Precisely Lou … the all new 'SotoniansLite.com mebbe

to be honest when I first signed up I thought they were little clouds, ah the innocence of youth :lou_sunglasses:

1 Like

Deleting a few swear words, doesn’t make an opinion a ‘lite’ one.

1 Like

I know Lou, I know … just being drunkenly flippant. Soz :lou_is_a_flirt:

1 Like

What in fucks name is this sweary bullshit??

1 Like

I’ve not done any queries on this, but the vast majority of our content isn’t sweary anyway.

Like most things I’ve implemented lately, I’m not planning on it being standard. Rather, I plan on nicking a few ideas from elsewhere, ones that should assuage some of the early a-shocked-ers on this lovely forum.

I would also like to say that we’ve always tried to keep swearing out of thread titles, with the rationale being that it shouldn’t be front and centre, so we’ve always had _some _consideration for those that’d find these things offensive.;

Anyone running a filter that’s logged in will get an opportunity to view the post in all of its unfiltered glory. It’s optional, and I’ll make it clear we won’t be moderating much that gets read, with obvious libel standards still in place. I’m banking on the idea that despite what they say, people will go on to read many unfiltered posts. They just don’t want it front and centre, which is exactly why we’ve kept the swears out of the thread titles.

In that respect, it’s a bit more consideration for those that have swearwords as hot buttons.

the only reason I can think of as to why the master of free speech wants to stop us all swearing to get some random bird to join is because he wants to slip her one.

shite idea pap.

1 Like

I think that says more about you than me, @cb-saint .

Arf. Just keeping you honest, guv :lou_sunglasses:

It’s going to be cool.

With the right substitutions in place (say “darling” for “cunt”), your feud with @barry-sanchez could be rendered into a beautiful love story.

Probably.

pap and Katey sitting in a tree…

4 Likes