The profanity filter, and how it will work

We need the whiny twats to balance out the grumpy old men demographic :lou_sunglasses:

1 Like

@goatboy

2 Likes

Yeah but we attracted a certain type of whiney twat, not just your common whiney twat gullable twat who pays £5…

2 Likes

We’re not charging people to use Sotonians.

I could never cope with the demand for refunds.

1 Like

Cheap twats

Stop picking on @pap . Everything looks cool and we can still say what we cunting like. :lou_wink_2:

1 Like

You can take my swearing, but you’ll never take my fiver

6 Likes

Who are you calling grumpy, you young whippersnapper you…!

@pap

Wankstain spunkbubble shitgobble cuntflaps. How are the people with Tourettes going to communicate with everyone else?’

3 Likes

I never thought I’d see the day when pap wrapped a gag around stotonians’ mouths.

You’re still free to say what you want, we’ll just filter it so that it’s not what you wrote.

It is going to open up a load of moral dilemmas, I’ll tell you that.

If I type (unt or tvvat (or something creative that pap hasn’t filtered) , do I get sanctioned?

If I embed an image of the word cunt, that pap can’t filter, do I get sanctioned?

If I start to call people, I don’t know, Queeny, shortly after the Queen dies, and Chapel Kate and all her mates complain, do I get sanctioned?

If I start to call Chapel Kate a Wizard’s Sleeve, and her church warden explains that I’m referring to a lady’s Fufu, do I get sanctioned?

It is not the words in a post that will cause offence IMO. It’s more likely to be the fact we’re discussing a taboo subject, or we’re treating a supposedly sensitive subject with levity.

People might visit because Fatso can no longer call them a PRETTY FLOWER, but they will leave again because StickyWhiteDoveURINE starts asking for advice on how best to wipe his anus, again.

Or, Chapel Kate will stay through that but will complain and moan and put pressure on the membership to change the things they discuss.

Slippery slope, I’d say.

4 Likes

Well said. For a cunt.

3 Likes

We’re not offering a you’re “never going to be offended” service. Conceptually, it’ll be simple word substitution. The implementation will be a bit neater. But nah, I don’t want any extra moderation duties from this.

Keep it simple, limit the scope of the offering, and see what happens. My expectation is that most who do exclude so called vulgar words will only do one or two.

Oh my god. You bunch of childish morons!

2 Likes

Fair play pap for being open minded enough to encourage all sorts of people to this forum and find inventive ways of doing so.

1 Like

Jesus, good god, if ever this place needs to encourage more of…

It’s a few fucking women!!!

(Scuse the language ,Kate)

(Still hate the bold tho)

Can we please either ban or punish blasphemers? Those fucknuts are worse than the swearers.

4 Likes

Of what Lou? Of what. …?

1 Like