📰 The most exciting thing to happen in Salisbury since Stonehenge was created

Post links please

:lou_lol:

Irrespective of whodunnit, what is undeniable in this affair is that the issue has had far too much fucking coverage. Even if the government is playing all of this with a straight bat, which I sincerely doubt it is, has anyone paused to consider what the story is?

Accurately, it would be:-

Foreign agents attempt assassination of former spy

It wouldn’t be the first time it had happened. This country used to have a reputation for discretion in these matters. It still does for certain foreign agents from certain countries. Just last year, Israeli agents were caught bang to rights, on camera, enumerating the influence their country wielded through arms-length operations.

Is this story plastered all over the news because the alleged perpetrators were foreign? Clearly not.

It can’t be the murder angle that’s important either. People are murdered every day. This year, London has eclipsed New York for murders. This attempted murder was wall to wall for months. Murders in our capital happen so frequently that individual cases are either footnotes, or not widely reported at all.

I don’t think this ventures into conspiracy, but it does seem rather odd that the media has spent a disproportionate amount of time on the following stories.

• Russian influence in elections
  • The Salisbury poisoning incident
  • Jeremy Corbyn being a potential communist/spy/anti-semite

There’s a unifying thread in all those stories; a complete lack of corroborating evidence. Now how is it that these evidence free facades of stories have dominated the news agenda for the last couple of years when there is plenty of evidence based stuff to work with, whether it’s in Camberwell, Peckham, Syria, Libya or Yemen?

It’s because the evidence is fucking damning.

5 Likes

Fucking great post.

Nope, we never do this sort of thing

only now?

And that whole Babywipe thing…

It’s not like he locked himself into a sports holdall is it?

4 Likes

What has that got to do with it? Say we did do that what has that got to do with this?

And quoting the Mail is laughable. it also says the KGB killed him, don’t show that bit to SOS or Goat.

I think you may have the wrong person old bean.

Uh huh.

Bellingcat again…

Come on, it does look bloody like him.

I think they’ll end up being correct…

A little odd this:
“Unlike the case of Anatoliy Chepiga, “Petrov”’s cover identity retained most of the biographical characteristics of the authentic Mishkin – such as the exact birth date, first and patronymic name, and first names of his parents.”

Does that sound like an agent sent to novichok someone in broad daylight?

1 Like

I would assume it’s due to the fact that he was a doctor, and would previously have been unlikely to be sent to do a job like this when given that identity.

But, honestly, it doesn’t matter to me - they’ve found two people, who work for the GRU, who look identical to the guys who were in Salisbury. They were the ones who did it, I am convinced.

BTW, Bellingcat are only really reporting this, it seems the real work has been done by The Insider.

Given Bellingcat are clearly convenient stool pigeons reporting what is fed to them, who are The Insider and where do they get their info from?

I don’t follow either tbf.

Tin foil at the ready.
Teflon sprayed fully.
Deflectors shields at full power Sir.

The Insider are a Russian investigative website.

Russian?

Yep, here:

https://theins.ru

The mail are quoting John Simpson. Whatever your views on rothermere’s mouthpiece, Simpson is very well respected among journos.

I am frankly amazed at how people can, for months, dismiss “investigative websites” as a load of old pony, and the minute the government relies on one, that’s okay. Go for it, lads.

Bellingcat smells like a closed loop. They didn’t investigate at all, as it turns out. They’re getting their information from The Insider, apparently another investigative website.

The Insider could be getting its instructions from fucking anyone.

It’s a chain of practically unsourced shite, sliding warmly down the gullets of the gullible.

2 Likes