šŸ“° The most exciting thing to happen in Salisbury since Stonehenge was created

I sort of agree, but few post on here even when I donā€™t, its the same on Saintsweb as well and the Ugly.

The strange thing is that Iā€™ve always seen you as chief bellend of sotonians but youā€™re now the one making the most sense. Iā€™m not sure I can deal with that. This place has turned into some sort of conspiracy nutjob Hostel. Iā€™m close to calling it a day here.

Donā€™t leave, Iā€™ll return to being a bellend.

2 Likes

Youā€™re missing the point, you big bellend. For once youā€™re not the problem. Fair play to you for standing up for what you believe in. Itā€™d be easier to go along with the conspiracy bollocks.

1 Like

I know, Iā€™m finding this weird too. Iā€™m in complete agreement with what BS is saying.

Itā€™s like Barry has done a full circle from the ridiculous to the sublime.

Surprised at SoS and CS to be honest.

Ok iā€™ll leave you all to be mugged off by ridiculous propaganda and i wonā€™t moan about people that post the same shit again and again. Thus thread is no different to the Trump thread. Both investigations are fruads, believed by idiots.
Have fun.

Iā€™m not involved on the Trump thread, so donā€™t know what this is about.

Letā€™s just wait and see what happens going forward - there is far more to come out about this I am sure.

:lou_wink_2:
:lou_sunglasses:

3 Likes

Or, alternatively, you could leave others to make up their own minds and respect that they have a different opinion to you.

Just a thought.

1 Like

This place is what its members make it. I donā€™t really get your concerns. Itā€™s not like people are going to approach you in the street and say ā€œooh, youā€™re that Fatso, you are. You post on that Sotonians, where a couple of members have spent ages arguing about the plausibility of various accountsā€.

Can I ask what your expectations are? It sounds as if the only way this board can placate you is by inhibiting the discussions it has. Fair play if somebody is deliberately taking something else off topic, but there are plenty of discussions that I take absolutely no part in because Iā€™ve no interest.

Iā€™m not doing the offs because people are discussing cricket or golf, which I have zero interest in. Not all of Sotonians is for me. Having said that, I enjoy contributing where I do, and I reckon others should have the space to do that.

This freedom of speech lark is a very difficult balancing act, but itā€™s a tightrope that we must walk. If we all start self-censoring because people donā€™t like an evidence based alternate takes on things, the site may as well not exist. If you canā€™t handle free speech, this place probably isnā€™t for you.

In the meantime, couldnā€™t you post in threads which are of interest to you, instead of decrying everything in threads which clearly arenā€™t of any interest to you?

Iā€™m not sure the threads arenā€™t of interest for him, just more that the forum ā€˜normā€™ now is on the crazy side - the fact that heā€™s agreeing with @Barry-Sanchez has probably made him look again at what argument must be being put forward that could possibly put him in the same campā€¦

I hope it was more a figure of speech, a hyperbole if you will, just based on the above. Fatso keeps us all in check - I think heā€™s just finding his job a little hard at present.

This is The Internetā€¦THEREā€™S NO ROOM FOR THAT KIND OF SUBVERSIVE TALK! :lou_facepalm_2:

3 Likes

The point is, everyone directs content. Iā€™ve not posted on this thread much because Iā€™m not interested in @Barry-Sanchez and @Saint-or-sinnerā€™s ongoing argument. In the abstract, this is an extremely murky subject in which government claims are in direct competition with facts elsewhere. There is no sense coming from the government on the subject of Russia. Apparently, we know that the Russians hacked the Democratic National Convention, even though the source of that leak has been confirmed numerous times as a pissed off DNC staffer.

No-one chose to live in this bullshit dystopia, but it doesnā€™t mean that people automatically need to believe a flagging government doing anything and everything it can to cover its lack of ideas and integrity, dismissing unapproved evidence left right and centre, but jumping into bellingcat like a thirsty man at an oasis.

I donā€™t disagree. What I disagree with is the way that the Russians are being held up as paragons of International Law, and that pretty much all previous Russian indiscretions are propaganda. That I just canā€™t get on board with.

To be fair to @Saint-or-sinner, heā€™s not the only person falling short of this ideal. The vast majority of this thread is Barry calling him a nutter. Thatā€™s not really the way to go about things.

I agree. Itā€™s just that BS didnā€™t post something i could reply to as easily, but I would direct the same to him.

Even at the risk of being called a Whopper.

I donā€™t think anyone sees them as paragons, @WorzelScummage. I think the problem is that Western forces have actually caused more misery than the Russians since the end of the Cold War. You and I are both old enough to remember a time when the Soviet Union was an enemy, and that was that.

Today, the Russians end up looking better than the supposed leaders of the free world on nearly any aspect of international policy youā€™d care to mention, especially in the arena military action. The US has been involved in illegal action after illegal action, killing or displacing millions.

Russia is in Syria legally, and while Barryā€™s favourite go-to of Crimea may look equivalent, it really isnā€™t. The people of Iraq didnā€™t have a referendum to join like the Crimeans.

https://www.npr.org/2018/01/25/580577210/how-has-life-in-crimea-changed-since-russia-seized-it-from-ukraine

Crimea, post invasion, doesnā€™t seem to have become the death squad hellhole and military industrial complex playground that Iraq did. Mind you, it was actually part of Russia not so long ago, again, unlike Iraq.

After being a keyboard warrior for a bit a while back, I now find it less stressful and more pleasurable posting about over-embellished sexual encounters that I, or those I know, may or may not have had in the past.

5 Likes