📰 The most exciting thing to happen in Salisbury since Stonehenge was created

I’m no economist, but I am not so sure that this has been that well thought out.
Most Oligarchs are in UK because we were relaxed about background checks on their wealth and because WE (ie the City) wanted their money.
They moved here and they invested here. Not only football teams but Properties and “Blue Chip” stocks.
And now because of Salisbury they are (finally) going to be the subject of a clampdown.
At the same time as Brexit.
And we read streams of articles over the past 10 years or so about foreign investors buying up properties, fueling the price boom in London especially, not being particularly bothered about anything other than the bricks and mortar security.

Not sure this is so great, Many foreign investors earned residency and easier access to Shengen Visas through these schemes.

Oh well. Someone will make money. Any politicians run Hedge Funds?
Oh

1 Like

It’s a full on propaganda piece. Russia is bad, whilst ignoring the fact that it’s our government that are breaking international norms of cooperation. Tells people never to question the government line(because they never lie) and quotes the warmongering Atlantic Council(for comedy effect?).
I’d really like to know why we are refusing to give them the fingerprints of the two gentlemen. We claim they’re GU officers, so we won’t be revealing anything, but for some reason we’re worried about it. Wonder why?

1 Like

Pictures released today of the two russians involved.

Keep your eyes open, lads…

6 Likes

Slightly biased view?

“the UK and more than two dozen other countries expelled a total of 150 Russian spies working under diplomatic cover. Russia kicked out a similar number of those countries’ envoys”

Skripal poisoning suspects are civilians, not criminals, says Putin

Oh. Well, that’s alright then!

“The town was covered by this slush. We got wet, took the nearest train and came back”.

“Maybe we did [approach] Skripal’s house, but we don’t know where is it located,” Mr Boshirov said.

This is bloody hilarious TBF.

Are they still believable now?

Your mates I mean?

One thinks this has come home to bite the pro Russians on the bollocks when they admit they were here seeing Old Sarum and all its glories…

Wasn’t there an article somewhere I can’t remember where I saw it saying that globally something like 170 Ruskie” agents” got kicked out of various countries last year for nefarious activities and the same amount of agents from other countries got kicked out of Russia for similar activities.

It suits us to talk up Russia as the bad guys but remain suspiciously quiet about our own activities or is the UK clean and above board?!

Trump Backs Russian Tourists

2 Likes

How many of our people have been held up for poisoning? The Soviets and Russians have a long history of poisoning over here.

The UK I suspect has one of the best intelligence operations on the planet, we don’t murder for political gain or to make a point of treachery, Kim Philby?

If they’re as good as you say then that’s maybe why they don’t get caught murdering for political gain?

They didn’t kill Philby did they?

Dunno, did they? You tell us?

No he had a shit life in the Soviet Union and wanted to return the nation he betrayed, he couldn’t of course and drank himself to death.

I always like a happy ending. :lou_lol:

3 Likes

What are you trying to say Barry?

Why do Russians only get poisoned in the UK and there’s always a hilarious “inquiry”.
Whilst you’re answering that, remember “the UK has one of the best intelligence operations on the planet”.
Just doesn’t add up, does it?

If you remember correctly, everyone, from every other country, except Russia, was an “envoy”, but all Russians(everywhere), we’re “spies”.
It’s fucking comical the amount of propaganda that the msm pump out.

1 Like

Sorry can’t stop I’m off to Vladivostok in a minute to view old cold war pacific fleet destroyers…
They have a great duty free…