😃 The Little Pleasures of Everyday Life

Happy Birthday Mr Adult. I hope you enjoy a quiet night in watching Gardener’s World and sipping on a cup of decaff tea.

1 Like

Dear Bear

Go buy a lottery ticket

Then today will be the best birthday ever

1 Like

They have emplyed you they cannot sack you yrt give them time :lou_lol:

1 Like

When you realise almodt everyone you know has left Dubai.

When you realise being old and English with a box shifting background means you are a dinosaur and your only future employment prospects are at B&Q if you come home jobless. So all you have left are your golf stories.

And go to a meeting and get offered a non exec director job BECAUSE you are old and English and they want to pay you for organising …

Golf events.

Wine evenings

Motivational Trainings

AND you can kep doing your existing job.

Getting paid to tell golf stories? SRSLY?

ME?

FUCK

I may update this from corporate box at the Ricky Martin gig tomorrow

6 Likes

Giving my mother the boxset of the Wire and discovering she’s actually started watching it.

1 Like

Blowing in a hole…

When you wrestle with your conscience about whether to have the healthier toast and porridge in Costa’s or the McDonald’s breakfast you crave and then the lady in Costa gives you permission to go to McDonald’s by saying “I’m afraid we don’t have any brown bread…”.

4 Likes

When you decide to piss everyone off

Again.

And order KFC for lunch.

It was yummy.

After my angry week we headed to the Hampshire countryside. After binning everything in my partner’s parent’s broken freezer (power cut on 14th Feb and they are away for 2 months).

We sat in a cosy warm sitting room in front of this.

Just what I needed.

2 Likes

Tonic water. More specifically, Fever Tree’s Aromatic tonic water, which has a dash of Angostura bitters to give it a nice pink colour and an extra hit of flavour. The only problem I have with tonic water is that I find it’s a little strong for me; fortunately, it’s easy to find a good mixer to dilute it. This evening, my mixer of choice is Tanqueray. Yum.

6 Likes

A 3rd free golf dinner and booze invite inside 10 days.

After a long injury lay off…

Woke up this morning to find a message on FB from the boozer over the road saying that due to the weather, they were putting on a “Blizzard Fry Up” from 9:30 am. A full English for £6 in front of a couple of roaring fires. We Brits really know how to make the most of adversity. Half the village was in the pub by 10am!

3 Likes

Home from golf& it is raining.

Bless

The youngest daugher is getting married on Saturday so watching the wedding preps and not worrying that something will go wrong . It will but I can deal with that when it does.

Then getting my old man down to the Philippines for a well earned break from that horrendous weather in th UK for the ceremony

I could have put this on the Rum thread as he has nearly drunk Batangas dry of the local Tanduay. :lou_lol:

4 Likes

homemade goulash suppe- exactly what this day needed

Lots of tits on the front page of the site :lou_lol:

3 Likes

We Should be on page 3 @btripz

2 Likes

You rumble along to your 3rd day of free golf booze and food in 10 days.

While getting trashed you start yapping with one of the long time faces from the volunteer crew that you’ve never done more than say hello to every year.

And after explaining what you do for work they explain that they are actualy a Blockchain “guru” and he wants to have a follow up meeting asap.

You go to the office, he sits down and explains that shit. And suddenly you understand it AND what being a data acquisition platform REALLY means in this new Digital Age 2.0

Strewth

3 Likes

Well what does it mean then ???

Basically, shared computing on a hugely distributed network.

The technicalities are more than that but, at it’s heart, that is what it is.