😃 The Little Pleasures of Everyday Life

Being stuck at home due to inclement weather and having a Netflix Friday.

Along with everyone we know across Europe…

Simple terms, anyone who collects data now has a way to do it differently, but equally, there are now ways that can give a CASH value to your data.

Instead of raising capital based on legacy ideas of sales revenues and costs, you can issue an ICO and peple buy Coins (your own crypto currency) so that they bet your data will become worth more than the revenue.

Kind of Facebookizing everything.

It is a market that has exploded in the space of a few months, we could for eg raise 20 times the cash a VC would invest and in less than a few weeks…

Equally BECAUSE it is unregulated, it isn’t yet compliant soo there are huge scams out there, burgeoining conference/training events and scams and no way to do Due Dilligence on the actual cash (yet) so you could be getting cash from a laundry so to speak, which could become a problem as the ecosystem grows.

It DOES mean the entire world of Finance and Legal will change greatly.

Bitcoins et al are the hype, the core tech behind that is a massive opportunity. We tweak our databases and blockchain them (instead of mega SQL databases we can monetize the data.

I was shocked at the speed of this new tech being rolled out.

It is kind of like the dotcom IPO bubble. So dross is attracting fools who want to be parted from their money. Equally there is REAL dollars in the ecosystem.

Google any “What is Blockchain” link next time you have insomnia.

Still non the wiser @dubai_phil I will keep my spare dollars under the matress

God yes do that.

It’s not fofr investing INTO, it’s for finding ways to get others to give you money for nothing.

You could create an airport lounge food quality APP idea or best vodka lounge choice App, that is free to download so you collect everyone’s logins info (being GDPR compliant of course) then issue an ICO to fund the deveopment of the software and leave the country with it.

But then you might be getting C0lumbians buying your coins so that coud have health risks, but is the way to look at it

1 Like

Voted up for possibly telling the truth

1 Like

When you live to fight another day…

After The Little Annoyances and stress and cash flow and snotty nosed Geeks and you have another month, maybe 3 and maybe even a view of the mythical land of IPO.

I may need the Friday Night Thread all weekend.

Meantime The Christians are playing a free gig in town tonight and beer is only 6 quid a pint.

I fucking earnt it.

Being let out of work early for some r&r as we had the inspectors in and were deemed to be doing well. So I am off to Southampton avoiding rush hour.

3 Likes

with the recent office move, knowing I can get up an hour later now. :cool:

3 Likes

Tropical storms

It has just tipped it down in KL could not see the other side of the hotel balconey then some lovely really loud claps of thunder no lightning to see because of the rain though.

We got an email about having to attend some corporate thing in town hall. It was one we were required to go to. I begrudgingly go. Expecting to be talked at. Only two speakers so not too bad. They’d set up different stalls and I got a free tote bag and update that local Guildhall will be hopefully putting on more music gigs. Free curry lunch and serenaded by a The Voice contestant.

I

Another Sotonian falls victim to a reality tv singer ambush.

#prayforintiniki

4 Likes

Umm, I thought this was the pleasures of life thread :lou_facepalm_2:

1 Like

He was genuinely a good singer. I did once go to watch the show be filmed and they sound a lot better in the flesh.

It was more the free curry and tote bag. It’s not like I get any perks in my job.

Excuse my ignorance, but what’s a tote bag? Is it to do with gambling?

In my world it is usually a cotton carrier bag with branded pens and packets of mints, stress balls and other promotional crap etc and a shed load of sponsors leaflets which go straight in the bin - absolutely nothing like the goodie bags the stars get at the Oscars :disappointed:

2 Likes

It’s a small canvas bag in which you secrete your stash, usually hung around your neck beneath clothing.

So I’m told. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

It sounds shit

Very.

In the Oil & Gas industry they are normally nylon sacks with a pen, notebook and some safety related stuff in which cost about 50 cents for some kid in China to put together.

Cheap and nasty go directly to bin do not Pass go and do not collect $200.00 comes to mind.

So my tote bag had some flyers in. I now have another bag to go with all the other bags.

Honestly, just enjoy the fact I got free things at work, when I never get free things at work.

2 Likes