😃 The Little Pleasures of Everyday Life

According to my Parent C_S the new Lidl In Hythe opens on Thurs. There goes Waitrose’s monopoly and drops the neighbourhood a notch…

Cheap though.

1 Like

We did well with the chalet. Kids and adults v. happy.

6 Likes

Having been accused of OCD and worse during our nightmare packing and move, of hours spent balancing box weights, dumping stuff and on the final evening repacking about 20 times to get our luggage to the right weight (including having about 8kgs in the pockets of my untrendy cargo pants & coat etc)
I did chortle this morning at the news that Eric got slammed with a ÂŁ90 bill for him & his wife being 3kg over their baggage allowance.
I shouldn’t, but again it was just another example of how that place is just going all Ryanair.
Bon voyage Eric ex of Arabia see you on the other side,
The two of us, proof the Eagles got it wrong.
You can leave The Hotel California

1 Like

That looks great. Where is that?

Taking Bus Wankering to the next level today! Yep, we caught a bus to catch another bus. Wowza.
Basically having got my ID I can now play the open the bank account game. That is in a part of town where traffic & parking makes it quicker & cheaper to bus it.
For the smokers out there I’m doing my monthly tobacco stock run 5 packs of Golden Virginia for the cost of 1 in UK.

Little Molly is now 9 days old…front left, eyes and ears still closed…

2 Likes

Being told daughter #1 is again working at Glastonbury this year so I get a weeks peace, priceless!

3 Likes

Montalbert (La Plagne).

2 Likes

Handing my UK Driving Licence over to the Gentleman in the office this morning.
The last piece of “officaldom” completed to be fully registered pre Brexit. Yes, as an EU Citizen, once you declare residency in Country B, your driving licence (registered to an address in Country A) is actually no longer valid and hence illegal. (Bet many of those Spanish Ex-Pats are having a mare right now getting compliant)
Anyway, I shall get my shiny new Polski licence in about 2 weeks. Until then I have a non-EU licence so that’s OK apparently.

If these are bad for you, and the nutritional information would suggest so, and a God exists then they are indeed a very evil soul…

Arriving back in Southampton Airport and it says “ Welcome to Hampshire”

3 Likes

‘Tis God’s Own County after all.

Well only a little bit of it is in the Southampton boundary and more is in Hampshire.

It’ll always be Eastleigh Airport to me.

Sitting in the front room in a summer dress as it is about 26 degrees with the balcony door open. Listening to the icecream van arriving. thinking about an ice cold cocktail.

2 Likes

In February no less! Nice :+1:

I spent a pleasant afternoon in the garden sans hat, scarf, gloves and coat, napalm-ing weeds with highly non-environmentally friendly chemicals.

Cymru Am Byth

1 Like

What?

Jog on.

Well, if only the kick chasers for England had actually done that today…

:wink:

Ah, you’re Welshist. Would never have known.

:lou_wink: