😃 The Little Pleasures of Everyday Life

Don’t you love stories with a happy ending…

1 Like

A glass of XO rum after an undecidely bad glass of 18 year old single malt

You are drinking the wrong Malt…

2 Likes

I was drinking the wrong malt

I am now drinking the correct Rum . :slight_smile:

5 Likes
Spoiler alert for non-meat eaters - may contain references to meat.

When you order an 8oz siloin of (responsibly reared) veal with triple- cooked chips and rocket and tomato salad and you specify medium rare and when it comes it’s closer to medium and well done towards the end but it is so tender and tastes so beautiful that you keep eating only for the waiter to ask you how it is after you’ve demolished 3/4 of it and you show him and say “overcooked but wonderful” only for him to grab your plate and bring you a new perfectly cooked plate-full.

Well played The St Peter’s Finger (that’s a real name).

2 Likes

I was thrown out of a Vegan restaurant once, for wearing leather shoes.
Even after promising not to eat them on-site. :lou_sad:

3 Likes

Sandcastles on the beach

4 Likes

Plastic skirting boards

1 Like

Anything you can wipe clean gets my vote.

6 Likes

Leaving work on time when on duty week (when you are more likely to be out late).

2 Likes

Random catch ups with friends you don’t see anymore.

Particularly when they involve looking back at old photos of how you used to look, and being perplexed you used to fancy each other.

Also laughing at the absolute succession of shit haircuts and utterly awful threads.

2 Likes

There’s something about having a pot of Yorkshire tea on Whitby quayside…

2 Likes

Fish & Chips from the Quayside chippie is an essential. As is a piece of Jet jewelry for the missus and an “original” Victorian framed photo by Frank Meadow-Sutcliffe. Gotta be done, ask me how I know. :lou_wink:

I refer the dishonourable gentlemen to the answer I gave some moments ago.

1 Like

Wishing it was something alcoholic?

1 Like

You’ve been and done, or you watched Coast(guess, but it’s the only thing that i’ve watched that could fit)?

Still got this framed picture somewhere in the attic…along with the portrait of myself of course.

3 Likes

Photography back then?
You’re lucky you weren’t burnt for witchcraft.

3 Likes

I was…but I’m back. :ghost:

3 Likes

The original Dracula

2 Likes