😃 The Little Pleasures of Everyday Life

Which definition of tasteless were you referring to there?

1 Like

When a 9 year old you worked with last year texts you to ask how you are. She must have asked her mum for my number. Sweet kid.

5 Likes

Or stalker :thinking:

tax rebate :money_mouth_face:

2 Likes

I get a certificate every year from the company on how much tax they have paid for me.

I can offset this against any tax I have to pay in the country I reside.

I am still looking for a refund.

An empty row of 4 seats. Land 17 Mike’s from grandchildren 25 minutes early.
Arrive, put on clean t shirt & shorts.
Take baby and
Baby sick everywhere.
(Love it really)
#dontmissmoments
Now to the village pub

3 Likes

Heading to my meeting in The City this morning and seeing this…

And having a couple of pints of OSH for lunch…

3 Likes

It’s all in preparation for when we get transported back to the early 1950’s post Brexit @Polski_Filip

:lou_wink_2:

1 Like

Pool night and Kraken

Holiday itineraries: 11AM: If I last this long it’s a mojito. Followed by another one… Then a few beers (standard). Glass of red with lunch. Pina Colada. Leffe or two. Bottles of red with dinner. Corn n oil. Night all.

3 Likes

The smell of rain. We’ve had a smattering tonight. It smells amazing.

6 Likes

Ah good old petrichor:

Petrichor (/ˈpɛtrɪkɔːr/) is the earthy scent produced when rain falls on dry soil. The word is constructed from Greek πέτρα petra, meaning “stone”, and ἰχώρ īchōr, the fluid that flows in the veins of the gods in Greek mythology.

4 Likes

Starting the week with 30 children on your case load (this is quite high but have known people to have up to 80 - yes that is dangerous). Finished the week with 12, 4 to transfer, 2 to close. Only have 1 assessment to do next week. We get more referrals next week so I feel in a good place for the summer (which can be less busy). I am also still pretty chilled from holiday so will see when that all goes.

4 Likes

Munching a free pork pie with a free glass of decent Chilean Cab Sav in the BA Lounge at Heathrow having finally at least checked in for a flight

2 Likes

Mmm Pork Pie with a dab of Colemans mustard.

1 Like

Cheapstakes had neither Colemans nor HP.
But they were free and yummy.
Hopefully off to the gate in 3 minutes.
Just time for 1 more

I am on an airplane. But they’ve lost a passenger.
Will I make my connection?
Ooh they serve free food

Do we need to add a category for you?

Air Travel War Stories (Dubai_Phil)

2 Likes

Pretty sure @PhilippineSaint has plenty.
Anyway made it to Warsaw. Carnage here as well, hundreds stranded airside massive queues for customer service similar troubles - massive thunderstorms plus the UK mess.
So many ruined holidays. Sad tbh

2 Likes

Where to start with Air travel war stories.
The Passsanger next to you having a stroke.
The toilets not flushing but Indians still using them until the pooh overflows the Bowl.
The cargo door falling off.
Being diverted to the wrong country
Getting thrown off.

There is as @Polski_Filip phil just too many and it would bore the hell out of everyone so we will just bring them up when the occasion arrises @saintbletch.

2 Likes