😃 The Little Pleasures of Everyday Life

My other pic doesn’t appear to have uploaded, so here it is again.

3 Likes

I’m taking Teenage Mutant to an open day next Sat so I think we might make a detour on the way back.

Canterbury?
Book ahead just incase and make someone else drive.

Yeah, Canterbury sorry! Thanks for the tip about booking!

We stumbled upon it by chance, just driving around after being in Seasalter and being told at the Sportsman that the kitchen wasn’t open for a couple of hours.
Just looked at the Compasses site and seen this write up. Strange coincidence.

The Compasses is quietly going about its business of being genuinely excellent – it reminds me of the early days of the Sportsman in Seasalter. In my book, there’s no higher praise.
Marina O’Loughlin, The Guardian

1 Like

Some of you will be surprised to know I need to be in Paris in late September :golf:

Having been notified I managed to get the accomodation booked way back then and had created airfare alerts.
So basically because of family (ageing Mother & Grandkids) I really needed to get to see them on t hat trip so it limited my flight routings. I’d created price alerts from those bloody annoying FB & Twitter Ads. The cost had always been in the 750 quid range I could get a deal to UK but not to France or on the return not outbound.

Anyway today everything finally came together in a perfect storm Flights direct to Stansted (15 mins from Grandkids) hop across the channel, flight back here all done and just under 400 quid. A lot of money but basically I just avoided 6 football match trips to the pub and cut karaoke down to once every 3 months and saved way more than that!

So I was a happy chappy.
THEN Mrs D_P booked her (compensatory) 5 week trip to her family in Poland - Party at mine - you’re all invited, bring Duty Free

I bagsie the spare bed then

:lou_lol:

You got the Index. Sofa still free

Receiving notification from the airline that my flight home is open for check in

I’m a Maint Supt get me out of here .

4 Likes

OK it’s own up time. Just recently I got this through the post…

I know I’ve always said I’ve knocked back “The Honours System” when it’s been offered in the past but my wife has been working on me in the last few years. Eventually I’ve realised they’re not going to keep offering in the face of my usual hostility so when this dropped through the letter box this time I thought it time to surrender.

Next month I have an appointment with Her Majesty to be dubbed, Sir Lifeintheslowlane it’s not for me you understand but for Lady Lifeintheslowlane

Will it change me? Of course it will but not excessively…just a touch of your fore-lock will suffice when you meet me.

Thanks.

7 Likes

Well done for coming out as our first trans poster and congratulations on being honoured :lou_is_a_flirt:

6 Likes

the-stone-roses-the-stone-roses-lp-vinilo-verde-limitado-a-1000-copias

Sent second class I note

:lou_wink:

What do we need to update your forum title to be??

We could abbreviate to
SLITS

5 Likes

There was no hurry…all sent in good time so 2nd class post was sensible cost-saving in what is a very expensive ceremony.

I think “Honoured for sevices to the community”, I am essentially a humble person.

Oh dear, I think an official censure is in order in this case “CB”…consider yourself under a 6 month suspended sentence. :lou_angry:

1 Like

Aren’t you supposed to go round saying Off with his head?

Oh look at Sir LITSL and his multi-quoting

1 Like

Is that allowed? If it is I’m really up for that…bit of a local history buff and a block set-up at The Bargate would be a cracking tourist attraction. Something I’m sure Liverpool or Derby can’t offer.

2 Likes

Comes with the territory young man. :lou_lol:

1 Like