😃 The Little Pleasures of Everyday Life

Nice one @saint-or-sinner & We can rely on you later

:lou_wink:

Happy to oblige @cobham-saint and the best bit about talking bollocks is, i seem to have a real talent for it, no matter what the subject.

Why didn’t i get a job in politics, or football punditry :lou_facepalm_2:

3 Likes

Grandson goes to his Besties’ birthday party at one of those Jump trampoline places.

Just watching the kids (and Dads) having so much fun…

The pizza was bloody good as well

2 Likes

When you’ve been on a course “oop norf” and you have to fill the hire car up before it’s returned and @saintbletch 's advice about how to find which side the petrol cap is on proves to be correct (on this occasion)

A day of sport

The Football World Cup.

England V Australia ODI cricket

South Africa V England Rugby union test

Us Open Golf Tournament

Something for everybody. :lou_lol:

All watched on mobile devices while Mrs D_P retaliated with a day of binge watching the Hallmark Channel collection of soppy Rom com/Xmas movies on telly

#onedaylikethis

Oh.

And Australia lost.

At everything

2 Likes

I gave our resident Aussie a copy of the rules for Tiddly Winks as I explained that this was the game that they could possibly win at. The rules were so he could work out how to cheat. :lou_lol:

He was unimpressed :lou_lol:

3 Likes

This is hardly a major thing, but the other day I made hummus for the first time. It’s dead easy (and yes, I used dried and not canned chickpeas). The results are, as Peter Beardsley’s wife might say when tucking into a few particularly runny poachies, fucking lovely.

4 Likes

It’s dead dead easy when they’re from a can. But quite agree it’s delicious.

Marshmallows and a hot chocolate sauce sat on the poop deck of the FPSO in the South china sea

2 Likes

South China Sea?? How can you tell? :lou_wink_2:

If you look through a telescope, you’ll be able to see the militarised artificial islands being built by the Chinese.

5 Likes

Isn’t that MH370 just left of centre?

4 Likes

Love it.

This is one of my favourite (potential) uses of Discourse.

Real-time photos from…wherever you are.

If there was a better wireless signal at St Mary’s then it could make match threads excellent - with our own reporters* posting photos and videos of action**.

* who would be our Garth Crooks and who would be our Chris Kamara?
** and in the process likely falling foul of the Prem’s copyright.

Once you’ve gone local you NEVER want to hear Hoddle Crooks or any clone again…

Mental.

I assumed he would have just sat there, bored, saying something about whatever happens being God’s will.

2 Likes

Ha, that was like pinball :flushed:

1 Like

https://www.thenational.ae/arabic-language-of-football-passion-from-commentators-1.368599

Pro League is the UAE local league fwiw

Ben Arfa… :joy::joy::joy:
https://foreignpolicy.com/2015/04/24/why-are-arabic-soccer-commentators-so-damn-good-lakhdar-berriche-issam-chawali/

1 Like

Had a great day out with my daughter. Was heading to Whitstable on the Kent cost, but about 10 miles out the motorway ground to a halt, so headed off into the countryside and found a rather wonderful little pub.
The compasses Inn Crundale.
Uploading…

Their food is excellent, i would recommend to anyone visiting Kent(about 15 miles from Canterbury).

5 Likes