šŸ˜ƒ The Little Pleasures of Everyday Life

Stick a banana up your arse

3 Likes

Do you recommend it?

1 Like

Tommy Johnson

1 Like

Replacing the faulty fill valve in loo cistern. GRRRRRRR! Man points!

3 Likes

Getting out before the sticky heat of the dayā€¦6.30 this morningā€¦

8 Likes

The mahoosive Thunderstorm after a chilly 31C dayā€¦
Except I have a 5:45 alarm & no chance to sleep with this racket

Lovely picture.

2 Likes

Drop the van off.leg it to the bus stop.
2Bicycle Cops standing there with about 6 x 20 somethings in a line fishing out Ā£100 fines for not wearing masks on the bus.
Bus stops. 2 more nicked.
Thatā€™ll teach the little fvckers

Had someone try to take the piss today.

I asked my boss what I should tell them. Boss replies ā€œgive them directions to fuckā€, before adding ā€œso they know how to get thereā€.

This is probably one of the many reasons I havenā€™t been sacked yet.

4 Likes

I like that a lot. I am going to use it when the situation is appropriate. Iā€™m sure by 10.00am today it will have been used at least once.

1 Like

This has got me thinking about some other workplace narratives from the past that are probably deemed inappropriate now.
I worked for an excellent Boss once who, whilst in a meeting and getting increasingly fed up with the HR rep wanting new operational procedures to be ā€œsoldā€ to the staff was met with a firm ā€œIā€™m not selling, iā€™m fucking tellingā€ which i found nice.
Another old Boss had two ink stamps, one with ā€œCOMPLETE FUCKING BOLLOCKSā€ on it and another with ā€œDFK. DFCā€ on it. I wondered what this meant and asked him - it stood for ā€œDonā€™t fucking know. Donā€™t fucking care!ā€ Apparently he got it from his wife, who was a Nurse and they used this acronym on some patients records. I think he got reprimanded at some point.
Anyone else got some good ones - there must be loads of better ones out there.

1 Like

This was a team photo from Christmas 1976, shortly before such calendars were banned from the office wallā€¦

2 Likes

Why are you standing next to a fat Jimmy Carr?

1 Like

Ah thatā€™s Arthurā€¦passed away a couple of months ago in his late '80sā€¦a keen skier in his day, nice chap.

We had those calendars on site office walls up until the late 90ā€™s. Plant and materials suppliers used to spin them out as regular as clockwork. More regular and reliable than the materials they would supply as it happens.

Love the office smoking too. So out of order by todays standards. And the sexual harassment forms being kept in the bottom drawer of the filing cabinet!

4 Likes

Thereā€™s an older guy in that picture who had a very well known reputation for sexual harassment. He was not well liked and was my boss on two separate occasionsā€¦we didnā€™t get on. Thatā€™s why heā€™s stood a long way from me.
He would never have survived in a modern office and rightly so, a real sleaze bag.

An old school mate of Mrs P_F & her BFF is over from UK.
So they are road tripping tomorrow at the crack of dawn to have a girly day & bbq & vodka.

Leaving me home alone for 36 hours.

Test Match, some catch up bingeing and brilliantly 50% discount promo on Fillet Steak & Cotes du Rhone at Lidl today.
Get in!

Obviously in normal circumstances Iā€™d be hitting the Town but until end of month not even enough in the back of the sofa for a bus ticket!

1 Like

Just wondering why you took the team pic on the day Gene Hunt was out of office?

3 Likes

I should post this every day of the week. Just got called out for work a LONG day down in the mountains obviously no internet so no cricket. But a much needed days pay!

Donā€™t worry. The promised storms havenā€™t arrived at the ā€œHome of Sportā€, so it will probably piss down all day tomorrow.

1 Like