😃 The Little Pleasures of Everyday Life

It started out that way for me too @intiniki a free pen here, a tote bag there. Before I knew it I was visiting stands at exhibitions / events and minesweeping every freebie I could lay my hands on. It was getting out of hand so I knew I had to do something . Seek help…

My name is Cobham Saint and I am a free loader.

#freeloadersanonymous

7 Likes

Oh dear I am having flashbacks of my conference going days.

I am assuming @dubai_phil is a member of your help group @cobham-saint ? :lou_lol:

4 Likes

I’ve moved on.

These days I sell the apps and software to manage conferences.

I can acquire free stuff almost every week.

Totally leveraged the bar bill experience to reach this plateau of goodies.

My last Tote bag had a couple of Power Banks multi nation plug adapters AND free golf shirt & vouchers.

It is an under exploited channel of goodies for the truly dedicated

1 Like

There is a jogging track along the main Jumeira Beach here.

Me & Mrs D_P have been beach walking before the summer and to get healthy.

Today she was 100m ahead of me with her pal when a passing driver - young local - checked her out…

He was driving a McLaren…

The ONLY thing that stopped this being an annoyance was when he relaunched his front wing on the pavement…

:snork:

1 Like

Walking round an Outlet Mall.

Seeing the Burberry Raincoat you got your wife for Xmas reduced from $2100 down to $1800…

And you bought hers from the factory in Cambodia for…

$115

:roll_eyes:

Totally selfish and vain, but whilst on the tube coming home just now I was sat next to two people playing games on their phones.

To my left was a lady playing Farm Heroes. She was playing a level I made.

To my right was a chap playing Farm Heroes Super, he was also playing a level I had made.

This made me far happier than it probably should.

5 Likes

You should have made them put their phones down and had a good old chinwag with them. You should have started off by saying “There are no strangers, only friends you havent made yet.”

3 Likes

The ritual writing and signing of the “Handover”

Packing the offshore bag with the couple of items that need to go home.

Watching the helicopter safety video.

Listening for the whump whump whump of the blades as it comes into land with your replacement on it.

26 days off here I come :lou_lol: :lou_lol: :lou_lol:

6 Likes

Who could imagine watching 3 guys with a combined age of 228 years would be so wonderfully absorbing #themasters

Who could imagine watching 3 guys with a combined age of 228 years play golf would be so wonderfully absorbing #themasters

So good you watched them twice or drunken double posting?

:wink:

2 Likes

The first drink when you arrive at a bar after being dry for 28 days

hic hic

3 Likes

You won’t know what to do with yourself come day 5!!

1 Like

Think t’other Phil’s post below yours summed it up.

Will get worse, curry margherita and chocolate chilli vodka night at Eric’s tonight…

2 Likes

Sitting on the balcony at the In-laws. A bus goes past every 30 minutes, an occasional group of cyclists. It’ been 24C. Kids have been playing in the garden all afternoon and are worn out.

Twilight is falling, I have a beer & a plate of home cured hams.

The songs of the birds in the trees is just beautiful.

One forgets this in the sand it.

Done nothing yet been outdoors all day.

Magical

1 Like

Been to The General this afternoon to visit my cousin. She had a heart attack a couple of weeks ago and had a by-pass and valve repair. She is out of ICU an on a general ward so things are going well. It’s great to see her and her family around her, now free of worry. Open Heart surgery, it’s a routine op these days…even on an 82 year old. :lou_lol:

2 Likes

Had that nightmare expat rush back about 15 years ago when Mum had an emergency bypass Op at Southampton General.

Those guys really are brilliant

Daughter in law travelled to KL on business. Flew Emirates

Got her 1st ever upgrade on the leg home from Dubai on the A380.

She posted that photo from the bar upstairs. Such a grin on her face.

#doitatleastonceifyoucan

It’s 10:30 at night.

15C

Sitting on balcony at in-laws having a glass of vodka looking across the village and listening to the sound of rain falling.

I know ts 24x7 for you lot but right now it is the most wonderful experience